I have to mention that this post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission only if you make a purchase, it does not affect your purchase price in any way.
Last July I had the opportunity to visit WDW and I made beautiful Floral and Halo Ears. I never really liked to wear Minnie Mouse Ears but had to have beautiful Floral Halo Ears so I made them you can find the tutorial HERE. Well I found another beautiful pair of Minnie Mouse Ears I had to have! Rose Gold sequin Ears! I did not have time to order a pair but if you know me you know I will just make them! Today I am sharing my easy tips and tricks to making Sequin Minnie Ears. I am sharing this tutorial for DIY Sequin Minnie Mouse Ears today and I have made them in several colors and this tutorial I will be using red sequin fabric.
I think I watched a dozen DIY Minnie Mouse Ear videos on YouTube, and I had a really difficult time finding different colors of sequin fabric but sometimes you have to think outside the box and I have a resource for you at the end of the post!
Don’t let working with sequin fabric scare or intimidate you it is really pretty simple to work with. It is a bit messy but what crafter works without making a mess! I used a pair of Ears I already owned to create a pattern. I also made Minnie Mouse ears with sequin bows and satin bows this tutorial will cover both versions.
There is a lot to cover in this tutorial so I will break it down into 4 parts: Headband,Ears,Bow and Assembly. I also have an ear pattern for you at the end of the post with all the other resources. Warning lots of photos ahead! I tried to make this a detailed as possible so there is a lot of information!
Lets start with supplies:
- Sequin fabric
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Heavy interfacing or stiff felt
- regular felt
- plastic headband
- sewing machine or needle and thread
- for black or dark colored ears, 1/4 yard lining fabric in a matching color
- for ears with satin bows 1/3 yard satin fabric
- 16″ matching 1/2″ grosgrain ribbon
- Downloadable pattern(available at end of post)
Before we get down to the nitty gritty lets get all our pieces cut out and ready to use:
- cut 4-4″ circles of sequin fabric(Ears)
- for black ears cut 4 circles out of lining fabric
- cut 1- 3″x16″ strip from sequin fabric(headband)
- cut 1-12″x16″ rectangle from sequin/satin fabric(bow)
- cut 1-4″x5″ rectangle from sequin/satin fabric(bow)
- cut 1-3.5″interfacing pieces from heavy interfacing/stiff felt(Ears, see pattern to cut pieces)