For the ears I used my serger to sew the ears but you can do one of two things if you don’t have a serger. You can use a regular sewing machine or hand sew the ears together. You will need to be just a bit gentler when stuffing your ears if you hand sew and make sure to use small stitches.
Supplies needed for Ears:
- 4-4″ circles from sequin fabric
- 2-3.5″ circles from interfacing/felt
- Glue gun and glue sticks
1. Turn sequin fabric so sequins are facing inside.(for black ears you will need to put the black fabric on the outside of the circles. It should be so the fabric will be on the inside of the ears when turned right side out.)
2. Sew about 1/4″ around the edge leaving a 2″ opening.
3. Turn ears right side out so sequins are now on the outside of the ear.
4. Take the 3.5″ interfacing pieces and fold them so you can insert them into the ear.(for black ears insert the interfacing between the lining fabric) Open the interfacing and adjust so they sit nicely inside the ear the curved edge needs to be at the open end of the ear. You don’t want any puckers or folds so you may have to work the interfacing a bit.
5. Carefully add stuffing inside the ears on both sides of the interfacing. You can decide how puffy you want your ears. I didn’t want mine too puffy. Work the batting inside the ears until it looks how you like it, and it lays smooth.
6. Carefully glue the sequin fabric to the interfacing by over lapping the edges.
You can set your ears aside and lets move onto making the bow!