With the holidays fast approaching I wanted to share a recipe that I have been making since I was about 10 years old. Now there is nothing new about this recipe, no secret ingredients but this dish holds a special place in my heart. It is the first recipe I can remember learning from my mother. We absolutely love Twice Baked Potatoes. Creamy cheesy potatoey baconey goodness held in its own little potato skin cup.
And if you have leftover baked potatoes this is a good way to use them up!!
These are even better the next day. We would make these for Thanksgiving and Christmas and we would always make them the day before. We would just bake them the next day but this way the flavors would all meld together and be even better!! You could even sprinkle bacon bits on top of them that would be more baconey goodness!!
If your looking for more easy Thanksgiving side dishes take a look at these! I am so excited to be a guest participant in the 12 Bloggers recipe series for the month of November and I have been invited back for 2015 as a regular contributor! I am beyond honored to be joining some of the most amazing bloggers out there!!
- Roasted Kabocha Squash with Balsamic and Feta from Betsylife
- Bacon-Parmesan Spaghetti Squash from Home Cooking Memories
- Balsamic Green Beans with Pancettafrom A Little Claireification
- Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan from The Rebel Chick
- Cheesy Garlic & Herb Pull Apart Bread from Million Moments
- Easy Sweet Potato Casserole from A Night Owl Blog
- Garlic Knots from Bless This Mess Please
- Bacon Cranberry Almond Green Beans from Mom Endeavors
- Twice Baked Potatoes from Pink Cake Plate
- Glazed Sweet Potato Fingerlings from See Vanessa Craft
- Herbed Sweet Potato Biscuit Recipe from Around My Family Table
- Cranberry Sauce with Orange and Pineapple from East Valley Mom Guide
I hope you all have a wonderful Holiday season and make sure to come back in December when I share the 12 Days of Christmas Candy!!