In my search for easy dinners I came across a recipe that was a cross between a sloppy Joe and a taco! I had to give it a try this easy recipe was pretty darn good and I have to tell you your kids are going to love this!! When I was telling Mr. Pinkcakeplate what we were having for dinner I told him its not a Sloppy Joe and not a Taco! He quickly responded it’s a Sloppy Jose!! So that is how this dish found its name!!!
Not a Sloppy Joe, not a Taco! It’s a Sloppy Jose!! With Cilantro lime sour cream!
This one we will definitely be having again! This recipe made a lot and I have a feeling it will taste even better the next day!!!
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 lb. ground beef chuck
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 14-oz. can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 12-oz. bottle tomato-based chili sauce (such as Heinz)
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tbsp. ancho chile powder or chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 12 Corn taco shells warmed
- Cilantro Lime Sour Cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. finely grated lime zest
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. unseasoned rice vinegar
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook beef, breaking up with a spoon, until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. Reduce heat to medium. Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in skillet. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until just beginning to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Add tomatoes to skillet; cook, breaking up with a spoon, until thickened, 8–10 minutes. Add beef; chili and Worcestershire sauces; chile, garlic, and onion powders; sugar; and cumin. Cook, stirring, until flavors meld, 10–12 minutes. Spread in a 13x9x2” baking dish; bake until a crust forms, 30–40 minutes. Serve filling in shells with toppings.
- Cilantro Lime sour cream
- Mix sour cream, lime zest, lime juice, cilantro, and vinegar in a medium bowl; season with salt. Cover and chill at least 1 hour or up to 1 day.