Well one Red, White & Blue holiday has gotten away from me. I always feel like I am playing catch up. From holidays to photography skills, sometimes this blogging life can get the best of me. Again I am late to the game but I could not let this easy Red, White & Blue Krispy Treat “Bundt Cake” fall between the cracks and not share this with you all.
I love Instagram and lately I have found a lot of inspiration there. I came across a fun Krispy Treat Bundt cake and knew I could recreate it. This Red, White & Blue Krispy Treat “Bundt Cake” is a combination of your favorite marshmallow crispy treat, candy coated chocolate peanut & plain candies, covered with a melted candy drizzle.
You will want to use an old fashioned Bundt Cake pan one that is metal. The silicon cake pans wont hold up to the crispy treat mixture, you have to press it into the pan. Its a little messy to make but so worth it!I dropped a few of the candy coated chocolate peanut candies in the bottom of the pan so they would be on the top of the “cake.” I also dropped a few along the sides of the pan as I was packing the warm crispy treat into the pan so they would show up on the outside of the “cake.” They “peek” through the chocolate drizzle!! So yummy!
I ended up taking it to Mr. Pinkcakeplate’s work and one of his coworkers had 4 slices of the Red, White & Blue Krispy Treat “Bundt Cake”. It is that good!
I can’t tell you what a hit this treat was and other than getting sticky hands its really really easy to make! Oh yes one more tip spray the inside of the bundt pan with cooking spray and when you pack the treat into the pan spray your hands too it will make it easier to handle.
Red, White & Blue Krispy Treat “Bundt Cake”
- 8 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 pkg mini marshmallows 10oz pkg
- 1/2 cup candy coated chocolate peanut candies
- 1/2 cup candy coated chocolate candies
- 2 oz red candy melts melted
- 2 oz white candy melts melted
- 2 oz blue candy melts melted
- Melt butter in large saucepan on low heat. Add marshmallows; cook until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Add cereal; mix well.
- Place a few candy coated chocolate peanut candies in bottom of bundt pan*, press warm treats into bundt pan sprayed with cooking spray. As your adding the crispy treat in pan alternately add candies so they are mixed in the cake. Press all crispy treat down in pan. Cool completely.
- Melt candy melts and drizzle over cake.**
- *A metal bundt pan is recommended
- **I used piping bags and melted the candy melts in the bags then drizzled the melted candy over the cake.