This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeInTheFun #CollectiveBias
I love baking for the holidays and love sending treats to my friends and family. I am always looking for a sturdy cookie that can withstand the hustle and bustle of the US postal service! I came across the best Biscotti recipe a number of years ago and am still using it today! This Peppermint Biscotti is the best combination of cookie and candy you will just love it!
But before we get into the Peppermint Biscotti I have some important information to share with you. I was so excited to learn about The Great American Milk Drive, it being the first-ever national program to help deliver highly desired and nutrient-rich gallons of milk to hungry families who need it most. Milk is not something that is normally donated to food banks, because it is perishable, but it is in extremely high demand. More than 46.5 million Americans – including one in every six children – rely on Feeding America food banks each year? For a small donation at The Great American Milk Drive will deliver a gallon of milk to a family in need to your local community! Visit their milk donation page to learn about the need and how a small donation can make a large impact. But here is a way that a gallon of milk can be donated to The Great American Milk Drive all we need to do is purchase 2 bags of M&M’s® at Walmart (9.4 oz bags or larger) and up to a gallon of milk will be donated to The Great American Milk Drive. Who doesn’t need more M&M’s® for the holidays? And you will need the M&M’s® White Peppermint for the Peppermint Biscotti so there is one bag already! OK now for the Biscotti!
I came across this recipe probably about 10 years ago and have adapted it to make so many flavors! The best thing is it starts with a cake mix!
For the Peppermint Biscotti I uses the Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Cake Mix so the biscotti looks so festive!! And as I mentioned earlier you will need the M&M’s® White Peppermint and these are my favorite! I love the white chocolate!! I chopped up the M&M’s® White Peppermint candies and sprinkled them on top for another layer of peppermint goodness!
These just scream holidays to me!! Between the White Chocolate drizzle and the dusting of the chopped M&M’s® White Peppermint candies these cookies are amazing! Now I like a biscotti that has a bite to it but not one I need to worry about breaking a tooth on and this recipe creates a semi hard cookie with a soft crisp bite! Which in my book is the perfect biscotti!
The dusting of the chopped M&M’s® White Peppermint makes these cookies look like they are dusted with snow! So pretty! I love to use a piping bag to drizzle the melted candy on top of the biscotti makes clean up easy!!
How would you like to win a Kitchen Aid Mixer how nice would that be for your holiday baking?
Another really great thing is I was able to find all my ingredients for this cookie at my local Walmart! Yup one stop shopping you gotta love that!
- 1 Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Cake Mix
- 1 stick of butter melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- For Decor
- 1/4 cup chopped M&M's® White Peppermint candies
- 4 oz melted white candy melts or almond bark
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper set aside.
- Place all ingredients in large mixing bowl. Blend with electric mixer on low speed until well blended. Dough will be thick and come together in a ball. Divide dough in half. With one half of dough shape into a rectangle about 14"x 2.5" thick. Mound the dough so it is slightly higher in the center. Repeat with other half of dough. You can bake both on one cookie sheet place them about 4" apart. Bake first time in oven for 30-35 min. Until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Cutting on the cookie sheet use a sharp serrated knife and slice the rectangle on a diagonal into 34 inch inch thick slices. Carefully turn slices on their side, arranging on the cookie sheet. Bake cookies for second bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheet. When cookies are cool drizzle with melted candy melts then sprinkle with chopped M&M's® White Peppermint candies. Let candy harden. Store in an air tight container.
And here is a coupon to save $1.00 on two bags of M&M’s® Chocolate Candies!!