This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Shamrock Farms. The opinions and text are all mine.
Since I love Cottage Cheese so much I thought I would share another super easy recipe with you! This recipe combines my love of cottage cheese, a good tomato sauce and my favorite cast iron skillet! This One Skillet Bow Tie Pasta is a family favorite and it cooks in one pan in just about 30 minutes!
With working full time you all know I am always looking for easy ways to prepare a delicious meal and minimize my clean up! This One Skillet Bow Tie Pasta is the answer to my heart felt prayers!
One thing I recommend is use a good size skillet, this will allow you to add additional liquid if needed and it gives room for that pasta expansion! LOL! Here are a few great skillets I love!
- Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet with Tempered Glass Lid (15 Inch)
Porcelain Enamel Nonstick Covered Deep Skillet With Helper Handle, 12-Inch
T-fal ProGrade Titanium Nonstick Induction Base Saute Pan,5-Quart
I love my cast iron skillet but a good non stick skillet is a must in my kitchen!
I have had a long standing relationship with Shamrock Farms, they are a local Arizona business and I love that! Not to mention Roxy is a pretty cute sassy cow! I love just her! As I mentioned before Shamrock Farms is celebrating June Dairy Month this recipe lets the party at my house keep going! LOL!
I have loved cottage cheese. Growing up it was one food that my mother always had on hand and always let me eat. It’s because Delicious Shamrock Farms Cottage Cheese is a healthy, protein-packed dairy option providing a powerful 13 grams of protein and 110 mg of calcium per serving! I love that Shamrock Farms Cottage Cheese has so much protein per serving!
An easy tip is too make sure you have a good lid to cover your skillet with and if you don’t have one, I have used one of my ceramic dinner plates to cover the skillet! I know a little make-shift but it works!
One Skillet Bow Tie Pasta
One Skillet Bow Tie Pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 can 14-1/2 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 Tbs tomato paste
- 1 cup tomato sauce or your favorite pasta sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 3/4 cup 4% Shamrock Farms Cottage Cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, water, tomato sauce, tomato paste, parsley, oregano and salt. Stir in pasta; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until pasta is tender, 20-25 minutes, stirring once.
- 2. Combine Shamrock Farms Cottage Cheese and Parmesan cheese; drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto pasta mixture. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with additional chopped Italian parsley.
Be sure to follow Shamrock Farms at these social media hot spots!
If you like this recipe you might enjoy these others:
Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Bake