Hello, hello, hello!! I know it has been a while. Things have been so crazy I hope you are all doing well!! Hope your safe and settling in to “your” new normal. I know it has been a challenge for me that is for sure! I have been working from home since March. I was asked by a co-worker to create a recipe using graham crackers and sweetened condensed milk, things she had in her pantry. I came up with this super yummy, super, easy no bake Lemonade Ice Box Cake.
Living in Arizona where it is triple digits everyday these days, the last thing I want to do is turn on my oven and heat up my house! This Lemonade Ice Box Cake requires no oven. I love that so much! So starting with the two challenge ingredients my brain started perking. I immediately thought of 2 recipes that I already love. One is a 7 Layer cookie bar the other was a Pink Lemonade Pie. Well we know I didn’t want to turn on the oven and the other I didn’t want to make a graham cracker crust. I am lazy!
This is a delicious, cool and creamy dessert. It is such a nice change of pace from my normal chocolate cake or cookies. I actually popped this in the freezer to store it and I like it so much better as a frozen treat. When you have excessive heat warnings everyday a cool creamy treat is very welcomed. Just writing this post makes me want to go grab a piece of this tasty treat.
As you read the recipe you will see just how lazy I am. I didn’t want to crush up the graham crackers or heat up my kitchen. Forgoing the graham cracker crust saves so much time. On the flip side of this is the Lemonade Ice Box Cake needs to be prepared a day in advance. The graham crackers pull moisture from the creamy filling which softens them. It is the perfect recipe!!
Here is that super easy super delicious recipe for Lemonade Ice Box Cake
Lemonade Ice Box Cake
- 3/4 cup frozen lemonade thawed
- 1 can sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 cartons frozen whipped topping 1 thawed, 1 for topping/garnish
- 2-3 sleeves Graham Crackers
- Lemon Slices optional
- mint leaves optional
- In a large bowl, add the sweetened condensed milk and whipped topping. Fold the two together gently until combined, being careful to keep the mixture light and fluffy. Add the lemonade concentrate and continue to gently fold. Do not add too much lemonade that the mixture becomes loose.
- Line a 9"x7" pan with one layer of graham crackers, breaking if needed to fit. Spoon 1/2 lemonade mixture over top of graham crackers. Spread evenly over crackers ant top with second layer of graham crackers. Spoon remaining lemonade mixture over top of second layer of graham crackers and spread evenly. Top with 3rd layer of graham crackers. Cover with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator for at least 24 hours before serving. Top with whipped topping and garnish as desired. Serve and enjoy. This can be frozen for up to a month. (I like it better frozen!)
If your looking for a delicious treat this one is for you!!! Hope you have a great week and I am going to try and share more recipes with you! Were all at home now so its time to have some fun in your kitchen!!
Yummy lemonade cake
Simple and easy cake item can be done for the kids