Disney/Pixar’s Inside Out Movie opens today!! I had the fun opportunity to see a sneak peek and I gotta say I loved it! So cute and I love how the writers, producers and digital artists portrayed the characters!! Of course I cannot forget to mention the actors who were the voices for the characters!! I was so excited about this movie I created these adorable Disney/Pixar’s Inside Out Movie Joy Inspired Cupcakes!!
Now to make the face is a little complicated I wont lie. Using royal frosting and a template of Joys face, is how the Joy candy piece was created. If your not familiar with working with royal frosting I would go with an easier route.
Are you taking your kids to see Inside Out? I highly recommend this movie for any family activity. This movie will have you rolling in your seat and tears will be shed but it is a wonderful movie and will leave you with a good feeling when you walk out of the theater!!
Disney/Pixar's Inside Out Movie Joy Inspired Cupcakes
- Cupcake Ingredients:
- 2 1/2 C all -purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 C unsalted butter room temp
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 2 eggs room temp
- 2 egg yolks room temp
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1/4 C fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 C whole milk
- Frosting Ingredients:
- 2 C powdered sugar
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter
- 2 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- Blue gel food coloring
- Cupcake Directions:
- -Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- -Whisk all dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- -Mix the butter on med. speed until light and fluffy .
- -Add the sugar to the butter and mix until smooth.
- -Add the eggs one at a time; mixed well.
- -Add the yolks one at a time; mixed well.
- -Beat in the vanilla extract and lemon zest until fully mixed.
- -Begin slowly adding the lemon juice on low speed and mix.
- -Add the dry ingredients and milk.
- -Begin with the dry ingredients and alternate with the milk into the butter mixture then increase the speed to medium.
- -Mix all together, scraping sides.
- -Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full.
- -Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- -Cool in the cupcake pan for 15 minutes.
- -Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Frosting Directions:
- -Cream the butter and powder sugar in a mixing bowl until creamy.
- -If frosting doesn't cream add several drops of heavy whipping cream until it becomes creamy.
- -Take a spoonful of frosting, turn it upside down and see if the
- frosting holds to the spoon. If not add 1/2 C of powder sugar at a time and mix. Test to see if the frosting holds to the spoon, if not add another 1/2 C of powder sugar until it holds.
- -Add several drops of blue gel food coloring in the frosting. Stir well.
- -Scoop the frosting into a pastry bag with a frosting tip on the end. Twist the open end of the pastry bag to push the frosting to the tip.
- -Frost cupcakes.
Like INSIDE OUT on Facebook
Follow INSIDE OUT on Twitter
Follow INSIDE OUT on Instagram
Follow INSIDE OUT on Pinterest
Visit INSIDE OUT on Tumblr
Follow Disney/Pixar on YouTube
Visit the official INSIDE OUT website