I was looking through some of my older recipe books and came across this easy and delicious Beef and Blue Cheese Galette!! It was oh so easy and Mr. Pinkcakeplate loved it and that really surprised me because this kinda reminds me of “Chick food”!!!
It was easy and delicious and definitely “hearty” for my “Mr”!! I started with a purchased pic crust which is good because that is something I just have not mastered yet!!!
After browning the ground beef I just added the sliced onions and mushrooms to the saute pan and continued cooking until the onions were soft and translucent and the mushrooms were soft!! Super easy!!
This is one I will be making again!! So if you have some ground beef you don’t know what to do with try this recipe!! It is flavorful, delicious and hearty!! Add a salad and you have a fantastic fall meal!!
Beef and Blue Cheese Galette
- 1 pre made pie crust the ones in the box
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 medium onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 t. worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in salt and pepper; add worcestershire sauce set aside
- Roll out pie crust on to parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Let your pie crust come to room temperature to make folding the edges easier and so the crust does not break.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, Italian seasoning and garlic powder; spread over crust to within 2 in. of edges. Spoon beef mixture over top of sour cream. Gently fold edges of crust over filling, leaving center uncovered.
- Bake at 425° for 15-18 minutes or until crust is golden. Using the parchment paper, slide tart onto a wire rack. Sprinkle with blue cheese; let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
You might want to make 2 of these if you want any leftovers!! There were none at our house!!!