Did you know May is Grilled Cheese Month?? I know right a whole month devoted to oooey gooey melty grilled cheese sandwiches! Who doesn’t love a good grilled cheese sandwich? I love a good grilled cheese sandwich on a blustery rainy day for sure!! Today I have a fun spin on the classic grilled cheese sandwich! Italian Grilled Cheese with Marinara Dipping Sauce! Its pizza in a sandwich!!
This grilled cheese has all the same flavors of a pizza but you don’t have to call for take out or wait for the pizza dough to rise to make this sandwich! The other really fun thing is you can customize your sandwich! I stuck to the traditional pepperoni and salami with mozzarella cheese but you could certainly put some veggies and other pizza toppings in this delectable sammy!!
I could not wait to eat this sandwich it was sooo good! I used sourdough bread and that added so much flavor and great texture to this!!
If you love grilled cheese I have 11 more recipes for you! These are some of my favorite blogging besties! They have all prepared some amazing grilled cheese sandwich recipes for you!
- Roast Beef Grilled Cheese by Big Bear’s Wife
- Chicken and Waffle Grilled cheese by Betsy Life
- Spicy Sausage and Mango Grilled cheese by Home Cooking Memories
- Hot Jelly Pepper Brie Sandwich by Cooking on the Front Burners
- Hawaiian Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Mexican Grilled Cheese Sandwich by A Million Moments
- Grilled Cheese Alla Vodka by Bread Booze Bacon
- Breakfast Grilled Cheese Sandwich by A Night Owl
- Italian Grilled Cheese with Marinara Dipping Sauce by Pink Cake Plate
- Cowhorn Pepper Grilled Cheese by I Love My Disorganized Life
- Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese by See Vanessa Craft
- Grilled Strawberry and Goat Cheese Sandwich by Around My Family Table