I hate using tins to give away my Christmas treats so I am always on the look out for ways to make it easy for me and for my holiday recipients!! While perusing Smart and Final I found a bunch of ordinary food containers and my imagination went wild. I also hate spending a lot of money of something that is going to be thrown away. Don’t you? So disposable food containers found at Smart and Final are perfect for those Holiday Treat Containers!! Here are a few ideas to make your Holidays a little easier.
First up is this aluminum take out pan with a card board lid. Pretty “plain jane” by itself right?? I have two ideas on how to use this ordinary item to make it adorable and your recipients will think you worked all day on these!! Are you ready to make some easy Holiday Treat Containers??
I baked my Seven Layers of Sin Bars (recipe at bottom scroll all the way down!!!LOL!!) right in the Holiday Treat Containers then wrapped it with my favorite parchment paper, then wrapped it and this darling dollar store ornament with cute bakers twine, the recipe and tag is tucked behind the ornament!!!! My friends ooohhhed and aahhhhed over this. And it is really easy but makes for a great presentation.
Next up is my 3 Ingredient Fudge I poured the hot fudge right in the pan let it cool and then went to decorating the pan. I found this sweet polka dot parchment paper at Cost Plus World Market so I again wrapped the pan with the paper. Who doesn’t love polka dots!! I then tied the pan with ribbon, I tucked in a red napkin and a disposable knife so eating on the spot was encouraged!!! LOL!!
And last but not least our family have been delivering about 30 Christmas goodie boxes a year. They have always been a white cake box with an aqua bow! Well this year the cake boxes doubled in price and I hate to spend a lot on something that is going in the garbage can! While at Smart and Final I found these white take out boxes!!! They are inexpensive and will have the same look and feel as the cake box for only pennies a box!! I love that!!
We stuffed the boxes full of Holiday goodies!
The box is wrapped with an aqua ribbon again this year. I added a sparkly snowflake to my Holiday Treat Containers, just to jazz it up a bit!!
I hope these ideas will spark your creativity with your Holiday treat giving!!
You have to try this version of the 7 Layer Bars! The addition of the crushed potatoe chips and salted cashews is divine!!! Happy Baking!!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (6 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup roasted and salted cashsews
- 1 cup crushed Potatoe Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Place butter in 13 x 9 inch pan and melt in oven. Swirl to coat bottom and sides with butter.
- Spread crumbs evenly over bottom of pan. Press crumbs to lightly pack. Layer chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, coconut and nuts over crumbs. Last layere is the potatoe chips. Pour condensed milk over all layers.
- Bake until edges are golden brown, about 25 minutes. Let cool.
- Tip: I found letting the cookies sit before baking allowed the sweetened condensed milk to soak down into the other iingrediants which acts as a binder!!
Here are a few other ideas from some of my favorite Blogging Friends!!
“I love being a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Smart & Final #CBias #SocialFabric” All ideas and opinions are my own.