Here I am late to the game again. I did do a little bit of baking this weekend and I thought for sure you would love to make a little something for Valentines Day! I have to say these Valentine Cookie Bars are easy and so yummy! They are dense and chewy but have that crunch in them from the candies! I love them!
So I dont have to tell you that working full time again has definitely put a damper in my blogging adventures. I love going to work and the social aspect of it, but I miss being at home all day and working at my own pace. You all have different aspects to your life too so I try to make these recipes easy because that is how I bake and cook.
On to these yummy bars. Here are a few of my favorite baking supplies!
I use red food color for the pink frosting in this recipe because I feel like its more economical than buying pink food color and red food color. You can achieve a petty pink icing using the red food color. Plus its easier to find red food color in your local grocery store than pink. Right? I love the mix of a bit of chocolate with the Valentine Sprinkles I just think it looks cute! You can never have too many sprinkles in my opinion!
My co-workers love it when I bake. This will make a nice batch of Valentine Cookie Bars. I usually take all the left overs to work because with it just being hubby and me I have thrown A LOT of goodies in the trash. These Valentine Cookie Bars do not belong in the trash!
This recipe is easy and delicious!
Valentine Cookie Bars
- 1/2 C butter
- 1 C sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 TSP vanilla
- 2 1/2 C flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 C of red m&m’s I picked out the red ones specifically but you can use the Valentine mix
- Frosting Ingredients:
- 1 C unsalted butter softened
- 3 C powdered sugar
- 2-3 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- 1 TSP vanilla
- 1-2 drops of light pink food coloring
- Valentine’s day sprinkles
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Spray 9"x13" cookie sheet with baking spray and set aside.
- In mixer Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, I let it mix for 4-5 minutes. Add in eggs one at a time and combine until fully incorporated add in vanilla.
- Mix the flour,salt and baking soda together in a separate bowl. Add to butter egg mixture one large spoonful at a time and mix until all ingredients are combined. Fold in candies.Spread on a prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-15 min or until toothpick comes out clean.(Do not overbake!)Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- While cookie bar cools start on the frosting!
- Beat the butter on medium speed until smooth.Add in the powdered sugar and mix on low speed at first, then increase to medium speed until mixture starts to come together.
- Add in the vanilla extract then the heavy cream one tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is achieved.(I like mine a creamy spreadable consistency), add red food color one drop at a time until the desired color is reached. Mix for another minute or two until color is fully incorporated in frosting.
- Once pan of cookie bars are completely cooled frost the cookie bars covering the entire surface of the cookie.
- Top with sprinkles, cut into bars and enjoy!!