I was so excited when I was approached to enter a recipe contest using a new sugar substitute. I tried a few different baked items and was just not satisfied with the results I achieved I mean its hard when you bake and then try to use an alternative. Your not going to get the same results and with my palette I just couldn’t share a recipe I didn’t like. So it was back to the drawing board with a different focus. This Sugar Free Pumpkin Spice Creamer was the result!
Now this Sugar Free Pumpkin Spice Creamer is a total winner. You would never even guess there is no refined sugar in it. It is sweet, creamy and has the most delicious fall flavors. Because it is Pumpkin Spice season right?
Let me tell you about the sugar substitute I used. It is kinda new to the sugar substitute scene and I am totally impressed with it. It looks like sugar and has the same granulated look an feel to it. I just have not mastered baking with it, although it can be done. You can purchase Allulose on Amazon
“Allulose is a rare sugar, meaning that it is naturally occurring in natural products. It is an ultra low calorie sugar with only 1- calories per teaspoon. It has the same bulk and browning characteristics as white sugar but almost none of the calories. When used in baking it will brown faster than sugar so may require a slightly lower cooking temperature.”
- Gluten-free, Vegan, Kosher Pareve, Diabetic-Friendly, Sugar Alcohol Free, Supports Weight Loss, Does not have an impact on blood sugar levels.
- Low-Calorie Sugar Substitute
- Natural Rare Sugar Sweetener
- 21 calories per 100 grams – only 1 calories per teaspoon
- Keto diet friendly
I am still working with Allulose and baked goods but because this Sugar Free Pumpkin Spice Creamer is so yummy I just had to share it with you. I don’t drink coffee but I love my protein smoothies and hot chocolate and this Sugar Free Pumpkin Spice Creamer is perfect to add to both of those delicious drinks. If you love Pumpkin Spice Creamer in your coffee and want to cut some of your sugar consumption this sugar free version is perfect. I whipped it up in my protein smoothie today and it was divine! So perfect for the fall.
You will need just a few simple ingredients:
- Allulose Sweetener
- Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend
- Cream or Half and Half
- Pumpkin Puree
Sugar Free Pumkin Spice Creamer
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups cream or half and half
- 1 cup Allulose sugar substitute
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree canned or homemade
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon maple extract
- In a medium saucepan, heat milk and half and half until steaming but not boiling over medium heat.
- Add Allulose sugar substitute and stir until fully incorporated.
- Stir in pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice until fully combined.
- When all the ingredients are combined, remove from heat and stir in vanilla and maple extracts.
- Place in a covered container and store in the refrigerator until ready for use.
- *The Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer will keep until the expiration date on your milk and/or half-and-half.
Store in the refrigerator and it should stay good until the expiration date on the milk or cream. The spices will settle to the bottom, just give your creamer a good shake before using and your good to go!
If you like Pumpkin Spice you might like these other recipes:
Pumpkin Pancake Poppers
Simple Pumpkin Cobbler
Oatmeal Pumpkin White Chocolate Cookies
I do not claim to be a medical professional so if you have questions regarding Allulose and its medical concerns please consult your medical professional.