Halloween is just about my favorite holiday. I love the dressing up, the trick or treaters, the cooler weather. This time last year we had the most fantastic girls trip to Disneyland. Disneyland was all decked out with pumpkins, cornstalks and villains! This year Disneyland is still closed and my heart hurts. To help me with my heavy heart I did some Disney baking! I have been seeing these adorable Spooky Micky Mouse Brownies all over social media! What better way to lift my spirits than to have a #DisneyMagicMoment at home!!
You can find these Spooky Mickey Brownies in Walt Disney World at Wilderness Lodge. Disney has so many Halloween treats and they change them up every every year. I am seriously missing my Disney treats and my good friend will be at Downtown Disney tomorrow. I think I may need her to pick up some treats for me!! I didn’t have a chocolate mold to make a chocolate spider to go on top of the brownie but dont these spider rings look just a cute with the brownies??
I have had these aluminum pans sitting in my cupboards for a very long time!! I mean a very long time. I knew they would be perfect for these brownies. I have tried to find them online everywhere with no success. My recommendation is to bake the brownies in a sheet pan and use a Mickey Mouse cookie cutter to make these.
Here is a list of a few supplies:
- Mickey Mouse cookie cutter
- Wilton Candy Melts
- 1 X 9″ x 13″ Quarter Size Sheet Pan
- Wilton Disposable Candy Piping Bags
These adorable Spooky Mickey Mouse Brownies are pretty easy to make and you can eat all the mistakes you make!! Don’t let working with candy melts scare you. If you would rather use frosting these brownies will turn out just as yummy! To make the spider web pipe the melted candy in a spiral starting in the center of the brownie and work around until you have a spiral on the whole face of the brownie. With a toothpick start in the center and drag it horizontally across the candy spiral. Continue about 4-6 more times working all the way around the face of the brownie. You will see your spider web in the middle of the brownie. Don’t expect them to look perfect, its ok if they are not. No matter how these Spooky Mickey Mouse Brownies turn out they will be adorable!! Your friends and family will gobble them up!
Spooky Mickey Mouse Brownie
- 1 cup butter melted
- 2 cups white sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs eggs
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch pan.
- Combine the melted butter, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, eggs, flour, baking powder, and salt. Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with crumbs, not wet. Cool on wire rack.
- Allow to cool completely before decorating.
- To make Spider Webs:
- Melt a handful of candy melts in decorating bag in the microwave in 30 second intervals. I gently knead the candy between each interval. When candy is melted snip a small potion of the tip of the bag off. Pipe the melted candy in a spiral starting in the center of the brownie and work around until you have a spiral on the whole face of the brownie. With a toothpick start in the center and drag it horizontally across the candy spiral. Continue about 4-6 more times working all the way around the face of the brownie.
- Allow candy to harden! Enjoy