This post is brought to you by Foster Farms®, all opinions and experiences are 100% my own.
I absolutely love a good salad, when a good friend of mine made a traditional Cobb Salad I thought I would love to put a southwest spin on a classic Cobb Salad so I came up with this amazingly delicious Southwest Cobb Salad with Chipotle 1000 Island Dressing! It is to die for!
It’s hot here in Arizona and slaving over a hot stove is the last thing I want to do! I am always looking for ways to one- beat the heat and 2-not cook over a hot stove! This salad is packed with so many yummy things. One way I was able to accomplish my “must do list” to make dinner easier was to use Foster Farms® Refrigerated Grilled Chicken Strips! Oh yes I did! These Foster Farms® Refrigerated Grilled Chicken Strips are ready to eat, no hot stove to even turn on! Win number One! High in protein low in fat! Win number Two! And are available in Walmart’s and select retailers across California, Oregon, Washington, Arizona and Nevada. Win number Three!! I found mine at my local Walmart!
This salad is so easy and you can put just about anything in it I even grilled fresh corn but forgot to put it in this particular salad! I didn’t even miss it! The Foster Farms® Refrigerated Grilled Chicken Strips were a perfect way to add more protein to this salad. I loved the addition of black beans and I even used traditional Queso Fresco that salty crumbly Mexican cheese! Yummm!
Your salad can be such a great combination of all your favorite Southwest flavors for me it has to have those black beans and of course avocado and it wouldn’t be a cobb salad without bacon!
Southwest Cobb Salad
Author: Laura Petersen
This will make 2 good sized Salads!
- 1/2 head Iceberg Lettuce coarsely chopped
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 pkg Foster Farms® Refrigerated Grilled Chicken Strips
- 4 slices bacon cooked and coarsely chopped
- 4 oz queso fresco crumbled
- 1/2 cup black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet purple onion
- chopped cilantro for garnish
- Place lettuce in 2 large salad bowls and then arrange next 6 ingredients over lettuce in strips. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve with Chipotle 1000 Island Dressing (recipe below)
Chipolte 1000 Island Dressing
Author: Laura Petersen
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped sweet pickles
- 2 t sweet pickle juice
- 1 t Chipotle sauce (from can of adobo chilies)
- Mix all ingredients in small bowl until combined. Refrigerate for about an hour to allow flavors to blend.
Another thing I love about Foster Farms® Refrigerated Grilled Chicken Strips is you can use them in just about any recipe that calls for cooked chicken! The Foster Farms® Refrigerated Grilled Chicken Strips have a nice flavor that will not overpower any recipe. I would love to use these in a Chicken Fettuccine. How easy would that be to make?