Summertime here in Arizona is like living in hell!! It gets so hot here but today I have a delicious recipe for a cool refreshing Strawberry Lemonade!! This one is a copy cat version from a famous cheesecake serving restaurant!
This recipe is soo easy you can whip it up in no time! It starts with fresh strawberries, fresh lemon juice and a simple syrup!
Doesnt that look amazing? I think I need an ice cold glass of this delicious drink right now! Do you have a favorite drink that uses strawberries? Its pretty nice we can get strawberries pretty much all season long! I’m going to try and make a strawberry rhubarb pie! I happen to love it but rhubarb is not something that everyone likes! I happen to like it only mixed with strawberries and in pie!
Its going to be a long hot summer here in Arizona and I think this drink will be making many reappearances! I think I will make this again for Memorial Day! Do you have a favorite drink you make for your summer holidays? Please leave me a comment telling me what your favorite summer drink is!!
Refreshing Strawberry Lemonade!
- 1 C fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh grated lemon peel
- 2 C water
- 1 C sugar
- 3 + C fresh strawberries.
- Hull and puree 3 C of fresh strawberries.
- In a sauce pan add the water and sugar and heat until it reaches a boil. Continue to boil. Add lemon juice and the grated lemon peel. Allow the combination to simmer for one minute. Remove the sauce pan from the heat and allow to cool. Strain the above mixture and pour into a pitcher.
- Add the pureed strawberries to the pitcher. Stir well. Add ice and stir. Pour into individual glasses and garnish with a fresh whole strawberry.