How many of us wish our kids would eat their veggies without a fight or turning their noses up at them?? Boy do I have a great recipe for you and I promise your kids will love these!! How about Sweet Potato Chocolate Chippers???
My mother used to make Spudnuts and I love Potato rolls and potato bread so adding mashed sweet potatoes to chocolate chip cookies sounded like a great addition.These cookies turned out soft, moist and delicious!! You cannot tell there is sweet potato in this cookie I swear!! Your kids will never suspect these are good for them!!!
This recipe made a huge batch of cookies, and the dough freezes very well. I have been scooping my cookie dough on a tray and freezing it for a while now so when I feel like a cookie I just take out how many frozen cookies I want and simply bake them!! These are great when you have unexpected company drop by! Who doesn’t like a fresh baked cookie??? This dough is very versatile, switch up the chocolate chips with M&M’s, add nuts or white chocolate chips!! The possibilities are endless!!! I think the next time I make these I will put chopped Snickers bars instead of the chocolate chips!! How yummy will that be??
Sweet Potato Chocolate Chippers
- 3/4 C mashed sweet potato
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup packed brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 t. vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups AP flour
- 1 12 oz package chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts if desired
- Cook Sweet potato in microwave for 5 mins or until done, let cool and then mash with a fork. Do not add anything to it.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In large bowl cream butter, shortening and sugars, add the sweet potato, vanilla, and eggs and blend until all is incorporated and creamy. Add baking powder, soda and salt mix until blended. Add flour slowly as not to spill out of the bowl. When all flour is mixed in fold in chocolate chips (and nuts).
- Using a small cookie scoop place cookies on cookie sheet and bake 8 to 10 mins until edges are brown. Do not over bake!!
Now you have a healthy cookie recipe everyone will love and they will never suspect they are good for them!!!