So I have not been to Disneyland since last August. I am missing my Disney fix something horrible these days. What better thing to do if I can’t get to Disney then I will bring Disney to me! One thing I love to do is make “copy cat” Disneyland treats. This Mini Mickey Mouse Valentine Krispy Treats is no exception.
Everyone I know loves krispy treats. For most they hold fond childhood memories. For me they hold fond Disneyland memories. So why not make them mickey shaped. I used my favorite krispy treat recipe and jazzed them up a bit. I have made a lot of different shaped krispy treats. I have made krispy pops and even 50 krispy treat whales for a nautical baby shower. My secret is to use cookie cutters to make krispy treats of all shapes and sizes.
Cookie cutters can be found at any craft store and my favorite bakery supply store and even on Amazon. I used a cute tiny cookie cutter for these treats, and since Valentines Day is just around the corner I had to use sprinkles to fit the holiday. Now you can totally use whatever kind of sprinkles you like. If you can’t find Mickey Mouse cookie cutters here are a few of my favorites. I used the Mickey cookie cutter from the first set to make my krispy treats. But I have a few different size options for you.
The other thing I love about Krispy Treats is you can get the kiddos involved in making them. Of course for the heating part you will want adult supervision but once they have cooled and its time to cut out the shapes your kids would be thrilled to participate. And let them dip in the chocolate and the sprinkle part too. Now that would be a fun family activity!
Mini Mickey Mouse Valentine Krispy Treats
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package 10 oz. Mini Marshmallows
- 6 cups Krispy Rice cereal
- 8 oz melted white candy melts
- 8 oz melted chocolate candy melts
- 1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- 2. Add Krispy Rice cereal. Stir until well coated.
- 3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Using Mickey cookie cutter cut out teats.(I was able to get 16 treats with lots of scraps)Allow to cool completely.
- 4. Dip ears in melted candy shaking off excess melted candy. Place on parchment paper and sprinkle with sprinkles before candy hardens. Allow candy to harden then enjoy.