This cool creamy dip is a tangy sweet confection to slather on your fruit!! If your looking for healthy the only part that would be healthy is the fruit. You could use fat-free cream cheese but I am not sure how that would affect the taste of this dip. I would probably use this for a filling in a cupcake too it is just that yummy!! I think I liked it the most on the pineapple!! The tangy sweet of the dip combined with the pineapple was to die for!!
This took me about 5 minutes to whip up but it has to chill for about an hour so you need to plan for that but I bet it wouldn’t be that bad if it wasn’t in the fridge for the whole hour!!
Cinco De Mayo Margarita Mariachi Dip
- 8- oz. pkg. cream cheese softened
- 1/3 c. frozen margarita drink mix thawed
- 2 T. orange juice
- 1/4 c. powdered sugar
- 1/2 c. whipped cream
- Garnish: corn syrup colored sugar,
- assorted fruit slices and cubes
- In a bowl, beat together cream cheese, margarita mix, orange juice and powdered sugar until smooth. Fold whipped cream into mixture until well blended. Cover and chill one hour. Dip rim of serving bowl in corn syrup. Shake off excess and dip rim in colored sugar. Spoon dip into bowl and serve with fruit. Serves 6 to 8.
If you enjoy this recipe you might enjoy these: