This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. As usual all opinions and experiences are mine alone. #BabyDiapersSavings #CollectiveBias
Tuesday we are having a baby shower for 2 of my co-workers!! We have told the lucky couple it is a Pot Luck!! How fun is that!!! I was so excited to do something different and decided to make a super cute Motorcycle Diaper Cake!! Zoom! Zoom!!
Now there are a ton of tutorials on how to make these adorable diaper cakes! I am excited to share with you my tutorial!! I first headed to my local Walmart and purchased a package of Parents Choice Diapers!
I purchased a size with 36 diapers for a little over $5 not bad but you can get a coupon HERE . Everyone loves to save a little money!! So let me show you how I made my cute motorcycle diaper cake!! Here is what you will need:
- at least 34 diapers
- 3 receiving blankets
- 3 bibs
- a chain linked toy (appropriate for a newborn or infant)
- 1 pair of infant socks
- 1 baby bottle
- 1 plush stuffed toy
- 1″ ribbon enough to go around both diaper “tires”
- 1-8″ cake pan
- rubber elastics
- glue dots
OK let’s get started!!
1. divide diapers evenly
2. Line the cake pan with folded diapers. Start by lining one side and stacking the diapers on their side so they sit upright, but placed horizontally.
3. As you build up one wall side, move to the other side of the pan continue to add diapers until you have all the diapers for one tire.
4.Continue to adjust diapers until they are all evenly spaced apart mine were about 1.5 inches apart.
5. Carefully stretch elastic band around the outside of the diaper tire.
6. Cut a length of ribbon to fit around wheel to cover elastic band. Secure with a glue dot or two.
Create another diaper tire. Do this inside the pan the same way you designed the first swirl.
7 . Fold the first receiving blanket in half, length-wise. If necessary, iron the blanket to remove wrinkles.
8. Fold 1/3 of blanket over itself.
9. Fold the other 1/3 over blanket to create a “tube”
10. Slide the rolled blanket through the diaper tire hole. Match the ends so the blanket is hanging out half and half. The roll must remain in place, so use a glue dot to each end of the blanket if necessary.
11. Join the blanket from the first diaper tire to the second tire. Align the tires next to each other so they form the base of the motorcycle.
12. Tuck the end of the blanket into the hole of the second diaper tire. Pull gently so the blanket easily holds the two tires in place. I folded the end of the excess blanket and tucked it back in to the center of the tire.
13. Place the blanket into the opening of the front tire. Slide the blanket completely through the hole until both blanket ends meet.
14. Fold 1 bib around the baby bottle and secure with 2 elastic bands.
Place 1 bib on the front tire to look like a fender and place the second across the back of the tires to look like a seat.
15. Place the bib wrapped bottle on top of front bib and bring up both ends of second blanket .
16. Hold the ends of the front diaper tire blanket upward. Slide the ring toy through the top so they hold the two blanket ends. (you can add additional links if you like) With the baby bottle above the bib and underneath the ring toy make sure that it fits snugly.
17. Stuff the baby socks with a small amount of tissue paper to give some stability and shape.
18. Top the handlebars with one sock on each side.
You can add the additional chain link toys where you would like.
I just placed the stuffed toy on the motorcycle if you want you can use more glue dots to make the toy more secure. I just chose not to because it stayed on just fine in my opinion.
This only took me about an hour to make and I have to say I will never do another diaper cake any other way!! This was soooo easy and I think it is just about as cute as can be!!! Now to wrap this up and bring it to work to surprise the parents to be!!!