I recently had the amazing opportunity to head back to Walt Disney World and even more exciting I got a sneak peak at Pandora The World of Avatar. I was really excited to find this tasty little Pandorian treat Pongu Lumpia!
Before I get into the recipe lets take a quick look at Pandora! It is crazy amazing!
The Imagineers did an amazing job at making you feel like you have actually walked into Pandora. It was beautiful, serene and invigorating at the same time. You can even adopt your very own Banshee!
These little creatures perch on your shoulder they are so cute! They are even animated so they are definitely one thing only Disney could have created. We were able to ride the Na’vi River Journey and the Flights of Passage both are pretty spectacular!
Now me being a foodie I spotted a little quick serve concessions stand just outside the retail store. Here you could find amazing drinks and the delicious Pongu Lumpia.
Once I tasted the Pongu Lumpia I knew I had to make it at home! I think I nailed it! I baked my lumpia instead of frying it but the texture and taste are the same.
I totally forgot to take a photo of what the inside of the lumpia looks like. They were gone in a flash. Take my word for it these are so good they will disappear so quickly you will wonder if you made them at all!
Walt Disney World Pandora’s Pongu Lumpia
- 9 Egg Roll wrappers
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple juice squeezed out of it
- 2-3 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon reserved pineapple juice)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees. Drain crushed pineapple but reserve 1 tablespoon of juice. Squeeze as much juice from the pineapple as possible.
- In a medium bowl mix together the cream cheese, pineapple,powdered sugar, vanilla and pineapple juice until combined.
- Lay an egg roll wrapper flat, add two teaspoons of the cream cheese mixture in the center of the wrapper.
- Using your finger and dipping it in water brush the edge of the egg roll wrapper with water. This is the glue that will hold all the cream cheese mixture inside the wrapper.
- Roll the egg roll by first folding up the bottom corner toward the top and then fold the sides in and then roll all the way.
- Lay the egg roll down on a baking sheet with the end of the wrapper on the bottom. Brush the tops of each egg roll with vegetable oil.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Turn each egg roll over and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- While Lumpia is baking melt your butter in a bowl that is large enough to dip the egg roll in. Place granulated sugar in a shallow dish.
- Remove Lumpia from the oven and while hot dip each Lumpia in the melted butter then roll in the granulated sugar. Allow to cool and enjoy!
Are you a fan of Avatar? Are you curious about the new addition to Walt Disney World’s Animal Kingdom? I was and I am so glad I was able to experience Pandora. It was a trip I will remember for a very long time!
We travel a lot and always take the kids. Of course Disney has been a part of our travels. I’m not at all a good cook, but I do love to bring spices or a recipe home from our travels when we come across something delicious. I love lentil soup, for example, and have recipes from Turkey and Morocco. Yummy! Now this recipe is one I need to try right away. My kids would love to eat their way down memory lane. 🙂
Natalie recently posted..Honeymoon Planning 101
This sounds amazing! I will have to give it a try. We love Walt Disney World and the food! My boys have favorite snacks, and are always looking to try new snacks at each park. I think I will try this one before we go this summer. Thanks for sharing.