Can you believe that we are just about halfway through summer? The days have flown by, its just crazy. I am trying to get a jump start on the upcoming holidays and events. These Red Velvet, White and Blue Cookies are the perfect way to welcome in any patriotic holiday.
With the Fourth of July just around the corner these cookies are the perfect treat to have a bang up holiday! I think I must really enjoy making cookies because I just keep making them. LOL! I guess I enjoy making cookies because they are so easy to make, the mess is easy to clean and who doesn’t love a good cookie.
These Red Velvet, White and Blue Cookies start with a cake mix. How easy can that be? These cookies are soft and chewy just the way I like them. dipping them in the candy helps to keep them fresh and moist. The blue sprinkles? Well those are just for fun. You could actually use any colored sprinkles you want for any occasion. You all know I love my sprinkles. I do have a few favorite things I use when making my cookies and when dipping anything in candy melts. I will share those with you below.
Red Velvet, White and Blue Cookie Supplies
I have to warn you once you try these cookies you will not be able to stop eating them. They are so delicious and chewy. The candy coating adds another layer of sweetness but its not too sweet. If you like red velvet cake you will love these. I love them and will be making them again and again.
Use your favorite cake mix to create other flavors of cookies.
Red Velvet, White and Blue Cookies
Red,White and Blue Velvet Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 box Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- White Chocolate Dip:
- 6 oz white candy melts or almond bark
- 2 tablespoons blue sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cover baking sheets with parchment paper.Set aside.Combine cake mix, melted butter, egg and vanilla in large bowl with wooden spoon until blended.Using cookie scoop, scoop cookie dough onto parchment covered baking sheets.Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Cool cookies 1 minute on pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- For the Candy:
- Place candy melts in microwave safe bowl. Melt the candy melts in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments making sure to stir the candy in between each time in the microwave. When candy is melted and cookies are cool dip each cookie about 2/3s in the melted candy melts, gently shake off excess candy and place on parchment paper. Allow candy to completely harden. When candy is set you will dip candy coated cookie again in the melted candy. Dip the coated side of the cookie about 1/3 in the melted candy again shaking off excess candy. Place on parchment paper and sprinkle with blue sprinkles. Allow candy to harden then eat and enjoy.
If you enjoy these Red Velvet, White and Blue cookies as much as I do,
then you might enjoy these other cookie recipes.
Peanut Butter Candy Confetti Cookies