A couple of weeks ago I was reading a newsletter for Time Out for Women when I came across a yummy recipe using tortillas!! It was a stack cake and looked delicious. My mind began thinking how I could make this a Valentines treat. So here is my version of the tortilla cake! A Red Hot Valentine Tortilla Cake!
The ingredients are soooooo simple. I didn’t make homemade frosting but I did “embellish” my favorite store-bought!! Here is what you will need:
Tortillas -the amount needed will be based on the size and quantity of your layers (I used 2 tortillas and had 8 layers using a 3 inch cookie cutter.)
Cream Cheese frosting homemade or your favorite store bought
Red hot Cinnamon candies crushed
Here are the steps! They are pretty easy!
1. Using cookie cutter cut out “layers” from tortilla.
2. Determine how many “layers” you want I used 8.
3. Spread 1st layer with frosting.
4. Sprinkle with crushed “Red Hots”.
5. Spread frosting on 2nd layer.
6. Place on top of first layer and sprinkle with crushed candies. Repeat until all layers are completed.
7. Spread last layer with frosting, place on top of “cake” and decorate. I used whole Red Hots but you can decorate how you would like!!