I know I have shared this recipe with you before but I though it would be fitting for Cinco De Mayo!! I love this salsa and the great thing is you can make it as hot or mild as you like!! If you don’t like cilantro leave it out!! Like sweet onions or hot onions you choose!!
This is always a favorite at our house and it is easy on the waistline too!!!
Here is what you will need!
I call this semi-homemade because I use canned tomatoes!! I usually use 1 can of chopped tomatoes and one can of Ro-Tel. Today I used 2 cans of Ro-Tel. I don’t like fresh tomatoes in my salsa so this works for me!!!!
I use my food processor but if you don’t have one you could definitely do this by hand the tomatoes would just be bigger! If doing by hand chop the first 3 ingredients by hand and throw in a bowl then add the remaining ingredients!!
I started with a half of a large SWEET onion and about 1/3 of a bunch of Cilantro!! I love me some fresh Cilantro!! I dumped these in my food processor and pulsed until the onion was in small pieces and the cilantro was sufficiently chopped!! I cleaned 1 jalapeno and threw that in the mix! Pulsed again until the pepper was chopped!! I then threw in 2 cans of the Ro-Tel and the juice of 1/2 fresh lime! You can use lemon juice if you don’t have a lime. I put in about 1t. of garlic powder, usually I use fresh garlic but I didn’t have any in the house so it was garlic powder that went in the salsa!! I pulsed again a few times until it looked like this!!
Are you making anthing yummy for Cinco De Mayo???
- ½ large SWEET onion
- ⅓ of a bunch of Cilantro
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 cans of the Ro-Tel
- juice of ½ fresh lime(You can use lemon juice if you don’t have a lime.)
- 1t. of garlic powder
- Place the onion and cilantro in the food processor and pulse until the onion is in small pieces and the cilantro was sufficiently chopped!!
- I seeded the pepper put it in the food processor and pulsed again until the pepper was chopped in small pieces
- Add the 2 cans of Ro-Tel, lime juice, garlic powder pulse until pieces are small.
- Pour into bowl and serve with your favorite chips!