I love the fall, the leaves on the trees change colors, the temperatures start to drop, and I feel like a nice warm cup of cocoa in the morning!! My friends love a warm cup of coffee and my coworkers depend on the free coffee at work!!! LOL!! Now cocoa is yummy all on its own but for the longest time I have used flavored coffee creamers to put the YUM in my cocoa!! Not only have I used flavored coffee creamers in hot cocoa, I have used them in protein shakes, milk shakes and I have even baked with them and today I am sharing a delicious recipe using one of my favorites Coffeemate Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer!! Peppermint Bark Brownies!! Oh Ya!! Bring on the YUM!! #loveyourcup
With the Holidays approaching it is the time we all start to plan our gatherings and festive activities!! But for me some of my dearest friends live far away. I love to pack up a homemade treat and a little gift and drop it in the mail!! I just happened to come across these adorable acrylic canning jar tumblers!! I also have a sweet friend who loves iced coffee!! So while shopping at Walmart I found these yummy looking K-Cups see how cute they look tucked inside the tumbler??
I am wrapping up a few of these yummy Peppermint Bark Brownies and putting them in a box with the coffee and the tumbler and sending this little treat to my friend!! Sometimes the only way you can connect with dear friends is through snail mail but who doesn’t love getting something fun in the mailbox???
Now as I said earlier I love coffee creamers they are so versatile! I used the Coffeemate Peppermint Mocha creamer in both the Brownies…
And in the frosting!! Oh ya in the frosting too!!
And sprinkle some chopped up Peppermint Bark on the top of the frosted brownies and let me tell you these are to die for, you see not only is there peppermint bark on the top but it is baked in the brownies!!
Now don’t be discoraged that the baked Peppermint Bark candy turned a little yellow it still tastes AHHH-Mazing!!
You can print your recipe to take with you to Walmart!!!
- 1 Box of Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 1 egg
- ⅓ C vegttable oil
- ¼ C Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer
- 4 Lg Hersheys Peppermint Candy Bars (I found mine at CVS Pharmacy)
- 2 C Powdered Sugar
- 3T softened Butter
- 3T Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer
- Line an 8"x8" baking pan with parchment paper cutting at corners to overlap paper to fit pan.
- Mix brownies according to package directions substituting the water with coffee creamer.
- Spread ½ of batter in bottom of pan. Batter will be very thick! Spread batter evenly then take 3 candy bars and lay on top of batter breaking to fit the pan if needed.
- Spread remaining batter evenly over candy bars. Bake in 350 degree preheated oven for 40-45 minutes. Browines are done when cake tester (bamboo skewer!!LOL) insterted comes out clean
- Mix powdered sugar, butter and creamer in bowl until smooth. If frosting is too thick add a bit more creamer and if too runny add more powdered sugar.
- Chop remaining candy in small pieces.
- When brownies are completely cool frost with frosting and then sprinkle with candy!!
Did you know that Coffeemate comes out with these amazing seasonal flavors just during the Holidays?? For more ideas and recipes you can take a peek at this awesome digital magazine!
You can purchase Coffemate coffee creamers at your local WalMart!
I sure hope my sweet friend is surprised when she find these yummy treats in her mail box!!