I shared this post on my sweet friend Liz’s blog a few weeks ago and I loved them so much I had to share this amazing recipe here!!! It is super easy and oh so yummy!! It does require a little supervision but other than that it is a breeze and is great for those hot days when you don’t want to turn on the oven!
Loaded Grill Fries!!
Yup make your fries on the grill and then LOAD them up!! Here are the ingredients I used! Super Easy!
I splurged and purchase the expensive “release” foil and I have to say it was worth it! Here is how I made my Grill fries!
I took the frozen french fries and placed them in the middle of my foil. You can season them at this point or wait until it is finished cooking your choice! I then loosely wrapped the fries and put them on the grill. I checked them every 5 minutes or so and when they were hot, but not quite done I then took my sliced cheese and placed it on top of the fries. Then I wrapped the packet tightly leaving space at the top so the cheese wouldn’t stick to the top of the foil and let it cook for another 5 minuets.
When the cheese was melted and everything was toasty and hot I then “loaded” the cheesy fries with sour cream, bacon bits (I cooked this while the fries were grilling you can use the store bought bacon bits too), and to top it off some delicious chopped green onions!! OH MY GOODNESS were these sooo yummy!!
Here is your recipe!
Loaded Grill Fries for one!
- 1 Handful frozen French Fries (about ¾ C.)
- ¼ C. Grated or sliced cheese (I used a sharp cheddar)
- 3T. Sour Cream
- 2T Bacon Bits (or more if you want!)
- 1T sliced green onions or scallions
- Take 2 sheets of Heavy Duty foil and layer one on top of other. Place frozen fries in middle of foil and loosely fold the foil into a packet but do not seal as you will need to check the potatoes every 5 minuets for 15 mins. Place on grill over indirect heat. After 15 minuets place cheese on top and seal packet loosely but seal edges to keep steam and heat in. Place back on grill for another 5 mins then remove from heat. Top with remaining ingredients.
I want to try a Buffalo version next time!! Or a BBQ version or a Mexican version!!! Oh dear the possibilities are endless!