If you follow along on this blog journey you will find that the most common thing I love to bake are cookies! Delicious little single serve handheld treats! What could be more perfect? Frosted Pumpkin Spice cookies?? It is Pumpkin Spice season after all!!
The now Iconic fall flavor Pumpkin Spice is the rage right now! I happen to love pumpkin spice cookies, they are cakey, soft and chewy. Top them with a cream cheese frosting and its a win win in my book! Now a lot of people like to put chocolate chips in their Pumpkin Spice cookies and dont get me wrong I like them in this cookie too but the tangy sweet cream cheese frosting on these cookies is amazing.
If your short on time you can use canned frosting but that would not be my first choice. Take the time to make this delicious cream cheese frosting. It really is easy to make.
One tip is to let the cream cheese come to room temperature, it will mix so much better and the frosting will be so creamy! A sprinkle of cinnamon on top makes these cookies look so pretty!
I have more cookie and candy recipes coming up and all of these will be perfect for the holiday cookie exchanges or your holiday cookie plates that you give to your friends and family. Do you have a favorite cookie that you make every holiday? For me its not a cookie but Saltine Toffee or some call it Christmas Crack! LOL I love baking and candy making and as the holidays approach I hope you will come back for these fun and easy holiday treat recipes.
Frosted Pumpkin Spice Cookies
Frosted Pumkin Spice Cookies
- Cookie Ingredients
- 1/2 cup soft utter
- 1/4 Cup vegetable shortening
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients;
- 8 ounces soft full-fat block cream cheese
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 3 1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- Cookie Instructions:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle or whisk attachment combine the light brown sugar, butter and shortening, beat until light and fluffy.(I mix mine in my stand mixer for about 5 minuets.) Mix in the pumpkin purée and egg.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice in a bowl. using a large spoon add by spoonfuls into the wet ingredients and mix until all dry ingredients are combined and batter holds together.
- Use a large cookie scoop and scoop out the dough 2” apart onto the lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (do not over bake) When done remove from baking sheets and let cool on a wire rack.
- Frosting Instructions:
- In a large bowl using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle or whisk attachment, beat the cream cheese and butter together on high speed until smooth and creamy. Add in the 3 1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar and vanilla, Beat on low speed for 30 seconds, then switch to high speed and beat for 2 minutes.
- Once the cookies are completely cool, frost with the cream cheese frosting and sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon.