This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias #SandwichWithTheBest
Do you love a good sandwich? Hate having to drag out every item in your fridge to make that sandwich? Like being able to impress your friends and family with a killer sandwich? Today I have this easy six ingredient Monte Cristo Sandwich recipe for you.
I had my first Monte Cristo Sandwich at my all time favorite theme park. It was battered and deep fried and was amazing. I don’t like to deep fry foods because I think it stinks up my house. I had to come up with an easy alternative to get that same taste at home and one that anyone could create! We all know how to make french toast so I took that technique and adapted it just a bit to make this delicious sandwich.
Another thing I know when cooking and baking is you need to use the best ingredients available. I love that I can find pretty much any ingredient I need at my local Walmart and the ingredients for this sandwich are readily available at any Walmart.
I love a good loaf of bread and Pepperidge Farm® always delivers a fantastic loaf of bread from Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse™ Hearty White to Farmhouse Oatmeal they all are so good! I personally love Farmhouse Hearty White it has great taste and has great body to support this recipe. I also love Hillshire Farm® Thin Sliced Honey Ham it contains no artificial flavors, no by-products which gives it great flavor. Of course you need a great mayonnaise to “glue” all the insides together so I choose Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise.
Ok are you ready to see how to make these Monte Cristo Sandwiches? Basically you’re going to make a sandwich using Farmhouse® Hearty White bread, Hillshire Farm® Thin Sliced Honey Ham, Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise and sliced cheese of your choice. I used a Havarti because that is what I had in my fridge.
Make your pancake batter and pour into a shallow dish, I used my 9×7 glass baking dish and it was perfect.
Carefully take your sandwich and place it in the batter. Do not immerse the sandwich in the batter you just want to coat the top and bottom of the bread.
I used my non stick griddle pan and use cooking spray to ensure the sandwich would not stick to the pan. Grill each side until golden brown.
Serve with raspberry jam and of course a dusting of powdered sugar.
Easy Monte Cristo Sandwich
Easy Monte Cristo Sandwich
- 8 slices Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse™ Hearty White bread
- 12 slices Hillshire Farm® Thin Sliced Honey Ham
- 4 slices cheese of choice
- 8 Tablespoons Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 1 5.5 oz package Complete Buttermilk Pancake mix
- 1 cup water
- In a small bowl blend pancake mix and water according to directions. Set aside.
- Spread 1 Tablespoon Tablespoons Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise on inside of each slice of bread. Place 3 slices Hillshire Farm® Thin Sliced Honey Ham on one half of each slice of bread and top with cheese. Place Mayonnaise side of bread on top of the other half of the sandwich topping the cheese.
- Pour pancake batter in shallow dish
- Carefully place the sandwich in the pancake batter to coat only the one side of bread. Using a spatula carefully lift the sandwich out of the batter and flip the other side of sandwich into the batter. Do not coat the side of the sandwich with batter.
- Place batter coated sandwich on hot griddle and cook until first side is golden brown and then flip and cook the other side of sandwich until golden brown about 3-5 minutes on each side.I turned off the heat and then covered the sandwich with a lid to help the cheese melt.
- Cut into 4 triangles and dust with powdered sugar. Serve with raspberry jam.
Do you have a favorite sandwich recipe? If you’re looking for more sandwich inspiration check out this great SANDWICH collection.
And you can also try my Ham, Gouda and Apple Melt sandwich, it is pretty tasty too!