Mr.PinkCakePlate loves chocolate chip cookies and I make them for him all the time. Once in a while I make a batch of cookies that are just for me. I know if I put oatmeal in a cookie no one else in the family will even touch the cookies. Sometimes I do this on purpose so I have cookies just for me! These easy Coconut Oatmeal Cookies are ones I make just for me!
This recipe is so easy to make and it makes about 2 1/2 dozen cookies. Keep in mind I don’t eat that many cookies all at once so I like to scoop the cookies out on a tray and freeze them, then I can bake as many as I need. That way I always have fresh hot cookies when I want them! I know I have shared this tip with you all before. I tell ya it has saved me from throwing away uneaten cookies so many times.
I love these cookies because they are not overly sweet, and the texture is amazing due to the addition of the coconut and oatmeal. They are soft and chewy too plus because they have oatmeal in them I’m pretty sure they can be considered a breakfast food. What do you think? Now that school is out have your kiddos help you make these. Kids love cooking in the kitchen and what is better than warm cookies?
Now one way to take these cookies up another level is to create a drizzle to go over the tops of the cookies. I might have to try that! Sprinkles will always elevate everything so you could throw a handful into the dough! Now that would be fun. There are so many things you could add to these cookies. Chocolate chips, nuts, raisins the list goes on and on!
If you headed out to a BBQ or a picnic these easy Coconut Oatmeal cookies are perfect to take. They are super portable and everyone will love them!
Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter, shortening, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in coconut and oats.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.