I love spring so many things to love about spring but one of my favorite reasons is the over abundance of delicious fruit. From strawberries to cantaloupes to pineapples. Today I am using delicious apples to make this very easy Apple Pie Filling.
About 10 years ago I live in the northwest part of Arizona and had an apple tree in my yard. Plus everyone kept giving me apples. I made apple sauce, apple butter and quarts and quarts of this easy apple pie filling. I even canned it. I loved looking at it on my pantry shelves it made me feel so productive and self sufficient. Well today while I was making this apple pie filling I felt like I did when I canned oodles of this filling.
You can use just about any kind of apple but I was sent some of the most delicious apples for Brunch Week which starts next week. Since you need the filling first it just seemed perfect to do this filling recipe first. This recipe will make enough filling for one 9″ pie.
Easy Apple Pie Filling
- 4 cup sliced peeled Apples
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup warm Water
- Place apple slices in bowl.
- Add 3/4 cup water and lemon juice and toss to prevent browning.
- In a saucepan, whisk together cornstarch and 1/4 cup water until blended.
- Add cinnamon and sugar. Whisk until blended.
- Add contents of apple slice bowl to saucepan and cook over low heat until apples are tender.
- Allow to cool before putting in crust.