Did you know that at Disneyland Resort they have new sweet treat flavors just about every month? I had the opportunity to visit this last summer and the flavor of the month was S’Mores. You could find S’Mores cupcakes, and krispy treats but my favorite was the S’Mores Marshmallow Wand. I had to come home and recreate this decadent treat!
Can you imagine sweet marshmallows covered in creamy caramel, dipped in chocolate, rolled in crushed graham crackers and another chocolate drizzle? Oh my it is crazy good!
I am not gonna lie. These were a bit tricky to make but with a little after thought I have a few things I will try next time. Melted caramel is needed to dip the wands in, marshmallows soften and get gooey when heated I think next time I will pop the naked marshmallow wands in the freezer for about 10 minutes before I start the dipping process. However each mistake you can just eat! Right???
I have a total weakness for graham crackers, any graham cracker. I think next time I might try an white chocolate S’More Marshmallow wand. Swap out the chocolate for white chocolate and use chocolate graham crackers. That sounds pretty tasty to me!! Do you like to switch things up? I do and sometimes I have a hit and sometimes I have a complete failure! Its all a part of the process to find that perfect taste.
If your planning a trip to Disneyland and California Adventure you might come across a new monthly flavor. Now if your wondering where you can find these monthly flavors you can find them at Candy Palace on Main Street U.S.A and Pooh’s Spot in Critter Country in Disneyland park, Trolley Treats at Disney California Adventure park and Marceline’s Confectionery in the Downtown Disney District.
These would be a great treat anytime but how about for a birthday party or the upcoming holidays? These would be a hit on any dessert bar as well!
Disneylad S'Mores Marshmallow Wands
- 11 ounce bag Kraft caramels
- 4-6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 package Almond Bark chocolate coating
- Crushed Graham Crackers
- In a small saucepan melt caramels with 4-6 tablespoons of heavy cream. Start with 4 tablespoons and add another 1-2 if needed. Slowly stir caramels until melted.
- Insert lollipop or caramel apple stick into 3 large marshmallows. Begin melting chocolate over a double boiler or in microwave according to package directions.
- Coat marshmallows with melted caramel,allow cooling before dipping in chocolate.
- Cover caramel marshmallows with chocolate; use a spoon to evenly coat marshmallows if needed. Gently shake off excess chocolate and immediately roll in crushed graham crackers. Place on parchment covered sheet. Refrigerate for 15 minutes to cool and allow the chocolate to set.