Do you love coconut, almonds, and milk chocolate??? I do and today I have a super easy recipe for you!! Almond Joy Bites!
Yummy creamy coconut candy studded with a whole almond dipped in chocolate!! Oh ya thats what I’m talkin’ about!!
I know I should have sprinkled coconut on top but I love chocolate sprinkles I thinkg they make the candies look so pretty!!
- 24 oz shreded coconut
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 C powdered sugar
- 1 t vanilla
- 24 oz melted milk chocolate (chips)
- 1.5-2 c whole almonds You will need one for each candy
- Place sheet of parchment paper on baking sheet, set aside.
- In large bowl stir together coconut, condensed milk, powdered sugar, and vanilla until blended.
- With a small scoop or teaspoons drop walnut size scoops of candy on parchment paper covered baking sheet. When done making scoops carefully roll each scoop into a ball and place back on sheet. Place one whole almond on each ball of candy and press into candy. After I did this I went back and packed the coconut around the almond a bit so the almond would stay in the candy. Place in freezer for 10-20 minuets to harden. These will not get rock hard but will set up a bit. While in the freezer, melt your chocolate. Melt chocolate in microwave in 20 second intervals stirring inbetween each interval. When chocolate is melted dip candies in chocolate with a fork. Make sure to cover the candy completly. Gently tap the fork on the side of bowl to let excess chocolate drip off candy. Carefully place candy back on parchment paper. Repeat until all candies are coated in chocolate. Re-melt chocolate as needed in order to cover all candies. Place in freezer to set chocolate.
Now doesnt that look yummy????