This post is sponsored buy the good folks from Egglands Best.
I have always wanted to make a Yule Log but frankly they are a lot of work! So I created the Chocolate Ganache Loaf Cake!!
Same flavors, same delicious taste with a lot less work. And honestly your friends and family wont care one bit!!! Now this cake does not have to be perfect it makes a statement all by itself pretty or not!!!LOL!!!
I tried to get kind of the same look so I baked the cake in a loaf pan.
I then sliced it horizontally twice to create layers and then they were frosted with the most amazing frosting and topped with Chocolate Ganache!!!!
I started with an ordinary cake mix and added to it and most importantly I used 4 eggs instead of the called for 3. Now let me tell you a little bit about Eggland’s Best Eggs. Now did you know Eggland’s Best eggs are higher in vitamins & nutrients, and lower in saturated fat compared to ordinary eggs. Honestly I did not so I am impressed that there are actually “better for you eggs” out there!! Just look at the stats for Eggland’s Best eggs.
Compared to ordinary eggs, Eggland’s Best eggs contain:
o 10 times more Vitamin E
o 4 times more Vitamin D
o More than double the Omega-3
o 25% less saturated fat
o 3 times more Vitamin B12
o 38% more lutein
Eggland’s Best eggs also have 175mg of cholesterol, are gluten-free, and have zero trans fats. By using high-quality ingredients, like Eggland’s Best eggs, you and your guests are getting better taste, less saturated fat, and more vitamins. Indulge in some delicious desserts this holiday season, and use a more nutritious egg with Eggland’s Best.
I love the little red “EB” stamped on each egg too!! So cute!!!
You can follow Eggland’s Best at the following Social Hot Spots!!
o Eggland’s Best Pinterest page: http://bit.ly/JGUBsj
Now don’t let this recipe scare you off it can be done in steps and it is fairly easy!!! I promise!!
- 1 box chocolate cake mix with pudding
- ½ C water
- ½ c oil
- 1 c sour cream
- 4 Eggland's Best large eggs
- 1 small box of instant chocolate pudding (dry mix)
- 1 c milk
- ¼ c flour
- 1 c butter softened
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 1 t vanilla
- Chocolate Ganache
- 8oz semi sweet chocolate chopped
- ¾ c heavy cream
- ½ t instant coffee granuals
- Mix all ingredients using medium speed until well blended. Pour batter into loaf pan sprayed with baking spray until ⅔ full. ( I had enough batter leftover to make an additional mini loaf). Bake in 350 degree oven for 40-45 minutes or until knife inserted in middle comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes then remove from pan and let cool completely on cooling rack. I let my loaf cool and then wrapped in plastic wrap and put in freezer. It is easier to slice when frozen, slice horizontally 2 times so you have 3 layers. Set aside.
- Place milk in small sauce pan and whisk in flour until flour is incorporated into milk keep whisking as to avoid getting lumpy. Slowly heat the milk and flour and continue to whisk as mixture heats up. You do not want any lumps. Continue to whisk until mixture is thick and resembles pudding. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl place a sheet of plastic wrap over top of mixture and place in refrigerator until it is cold. I usually do this the night before.
- Place softened butter and sugar in bowl and blend until light and fluffy. Then add the vanilla and milk/flour mixture and beat until the filling is light and fluffy!! This may take a lot of mixing. I put it in my stand mixer and whip for about 5 minutes.
- Placed chopped chocolate and coffee in bowl. Heat cream in microwave just until it starts to boil and pour over chocolate and coffee. Let stand for 1-2 minutes to melt the chocolate then take a whisk and whisk until blended. Let cool to room temperature.
- Place bottom layer of cake on plate and frost with about ⅓-1/2 of filling. You don't need to make this perfect. Place next layer on top of filling and press down so the filling seeps out the side just a bit. Frost second layer with ⅓-1/2 of filling and place top layer on filling and press down again to make the filling seep just a bit out of the cake.
- With the ganache cooled to room temperature frost only the top of loaf but add extra so it drips down the sides of the cake.
- With the extra filling pipe 3 dollops of frosting on top of loaf and garnish with chocolate covered cherries.
How would you like to win an Eggland’s Best Gift pack?? Included is a coupon for a free dozen of Eggland’s Best Eggs and some other goodies!! all you have to do is like Pink Cake Plate on Facebook!!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Ok I hope your holidays are good and safe!!!
“The Eggland’s Best coupon, information, and two gift packs have been provided by Eggland’s Best.”