I have partnered with Smart & Final to bring you this conversation. All opinions and experiences are 100% my own.
Mr. Pinkcakeplate loves loves loves brownies! He asks me almost daily to make him brownies so I surprised him with these triple decker, chocolate laden, extremely decadent Chocolate Ganache Cookie Dough Brownies!
If you love brownies you’re going to absolutely love these! The hardest part about them is waiting long enough for the ganache to harden so you can cut into these bad boys! These are not for the faint of heart. There are chocolate chips in the brownies, chocolate chips in the cookie dough filling and the ganache is heavy cream and more chocolate chips!
As usual, I started with First Street Brownie Mix. I love this brownie mix. The brownies always turn out moist, chewy, and delicious.
I love to go out in the mornings and get all my errands done. That way I have the rest of the day to just be at home and put around! So I love that Smart & Final is open at 7am! I love that I can find everything for these brownies at my favorite Smart & Final Store from my favorite food containers to fresh butter, milk and eggs.
If you live in California, Smart & Final is opening more than twenty new stores by the end of summer! Smart & Final Extra! stores are looking to save you from having to shop everyday by stocking their shelves with “every day” groceries such as shampoos, fresh produce, baked goods, to go meals and baby products, all at warehouse prices. Smart & Final Extra is my one stop shop.
Another pro to shopping at Smart & Final Extra! is that they are larger than regular Smart & Final stores, and will carry many more basic grocery items in smaller sizes. I love having the choice to shop smaller sizes in addition to warehouse sizes. Smart & Final is known for offering great values, and no membership fee! I promise you will find all the ingredients you need for these amazing, super easy-to-make brownies.
So, if you’re looking for something to satisfy your sweet tooth these Chocolate Ganache Cookie Dough Brownies will fill the bill.
Chocolate Ganache Cookie Dough Brownies
- 3 Cups First Street Brownie Mix
- 2 Tbs water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup First Street Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup First Street butter softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup First Street flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup First Street chocolate chips
Chocolate Ganache Layer
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup First Street chocolate chips
For the Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a 9"x9"" baking pan with parchment paper cutting at corners so it will fit in corners of pan. Set aside.
- Follow directions on back of package of First Street Brownie Mix adding in 1 tsp of vanilla to all ingredients. Mix until well blended then add 1 cup of First Street Chocolate Chips. Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out almost clean with a few moist crumbs. Allow to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
For the Cookie Dough
- Using a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy about 3-5 minuets. Beat in the milk and vanilla extract. Add the flour and salt, and mix until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Gently spread the cookie dough over the cooled brownies, and refrigerate whilst preparing the chocolate layer.
For the Chocolate Ganache Layer
- In the microwave, heat the heavy cream and pour over chocolate chips. Stirring every 30 seconds. Pour over the cookie dough, and spread out evenly. Refrigerate for 2 - 4 hours (or overnight) until firm. Cut into squares, and enjoy!
- Keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Do you have a favorite brownie flavor?