Ok You all know I love Halloween so this weekend I got all creative and made Vampire Kiss Cupcakes & Severed Finger Mocktails!! Its Halloween Celebrations time!! I love #SpookyCelebrations don’t you??
I had such a blast with this whole #SpookyCelebrations idea!! Mars has a ton of creepy fun ideas for Halloween you can find them HERE!!
I started at my local Wal-Mart to pick up a few things I needed to make these fun cupcakes and the creepy “Mocktail”!! Of course I headed to the Halloween candy isle!! Oh man what a maze of yummy sugar and chocolate insanity!! LOL!!
Mr. PinkCakePlate chose one of the HUGEST bags of Mars candy they had!! I would say we’re ready for our Trick-or-Treaters!! I know you all like to save some money so here Is a coupon for you on those bags of Mars candy!!
We had to get some Hawaiian Punch and diet 7-Up for our “Mocktail”!
Now home to bake and create these yummy treats!!
Lets start with the Severed Finger Mocktail. This one is soooo simple it takes no time to make and there is no “real” recipe!!
- ½ cup Hawaiian Punch
- ½ cup diet 7-Up
- Vanilla Ice Cream about ¼ cup scoop
- Fake Blood- Light Corn Syrup dyed with red food coloring
- severed finger Ice cube tray filled and frozen with Hawaiian Punch or regular ice cube trays with frozen Hawaiian Punch
- Pour ½ cup Hawaiian Punch in the bottom of the glass, then place a small scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream in the glass, carefully pour about ½ cup of diet 7-Up over the ice cream. Pop the “severed finger” ice cubes out of the tray and place in the glass!! Thats it. If you don’t have the finger ice cube tray just freeze the Hawaiian Punch in a regular ice cube tray this will work just fine and because you are freezing Hawaiian Punch the ice cubes won’t water down the “Mocktail”!!
I found a finger ice-cube tray and filled it with Hawaiian Punch and let it freeze. To make the fake Blood I used light Corn Syrup and tinted it red with food coloring and placed it in a squeeze bottle. I carefully placed a thin line of corn syrup around the inside rim of my glass and then set it on the counter and let the “blood” drizzle down the inside of the glass!! It is easier than it sounds!! For the “Mocktail” pour the Hawaiian Punch in the bottom of the glass I used about 1/2 cup, then place a small scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream in the glass, carefully pour about 1/2 cup of diet 7-Up over the ice cream!!! The diet 7-up will make it all foamy on top!! Pop the “severed finger” ice cubes out of the tray and place in the glass!! Thats it. If you don’t have the finger ice-cube tray just freeze the Hawaiian Punch in a regular ice cube tray they wont look like fingers but it will work just fine and because you are freezing Hawaiian Punch the ice cubes wont water down the “Mocktail”!!
“I vant to bite your cupcake”!!! Hmmm don’t you want to bite into these adorable cupcakes?? I had fun making these too!! And they are kinda low cal and I say that loosely!! I used diet 7-Up in the cake mix instead of the regular ingredients and I have to say it worked great and you don’t miss the oil or the eggs in these cupcakes!! Also this is a variation of a “POKE” cake and I used sugar-free gelatin. I used a simple vanilla buttercream frosting to frost the cupcakes and used a ziplock bag with the tip cut off to pipe the frosting on top of the cupcake! These cupcakes are pretty simple and I am sure you have seen variations of this floating around Pinterest!
I used two red M&M’s for my bite marks and then used that fake blood!!
Heres a peek at the inside!
Looks like the blood oozed down inside the cupcake!!! Creepy right?? I love it!!
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- In medium bowl, mix powdered sugar and butter with spoon or electric mixer on low speed. Stir in vanilla and 1 tablespoon of the milk.
- Gradually beat in just enough remaining milk to make frosting smooth and spreadable. If frosting is too thick, beat in more milk, a few drops at a time. If frosting becomes too thin, beat in a small amount of powdered sugar. Frosts 13×9-inch cake generously, or fills and frosts an 8- or 9-inch two-layer cake.
- 1 box white cake mix
- 12 oz diet 7-Up
- 1 box (4-serving size) raspberry-flavored gelatin or any red geletin
- 1 cup Hawaiian Punch brought to a boil
- Red M&M’s
- fake Blood
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan).
- Make and bake cake using th ediet 7-Up only. Bake according to direcitons on back of box for cupcakes. Pierce cooled cupcakes about 3-5 times on the top of cupcake with a fork. In small bowl, stir gelatin and boiling Hawaiian Punch until smooth;gelatin is disolved let cool until about room temperature . Carefully spoon teaspoonfuls of gelatin over cupcake one at a time. Let gelatin set up and then frost cupcakes with buttercream frosting. Carfully push 2 red M&M’s into frosting and drizzle with to lines of fake blood!
I hope you all have a fantastic Halloween!! You can find more ideas for your #SpookyCelebration HERE!!