I love a good BBQ and in our house I am the Grill Master!! One cut of beef I have not cooked on the grill is a Brisket!! I have done them in the Crock-pot and in an electric roaster!! So I took on the challenge!!
I headed to my local Smart and Final to pick up some Cattleman’s Finest Beef!! You can see my shopping trip HERE:
I absolutely love Smart and Final! Between the selection and the prices you can’t go wrong! I picked up a few other items too!! Stocked my freezer with some easy dinner items and a HUGE Cattleman’s Finest Beef Brisket! I ended up cutting it into 3 briskets!! Two are happily frozen waiting for another grilling day!
We all know that Briskets need to cook low and slow or they just don’t come out right! I came up with a plan that would reduce the cooking time without compromising the flavor or how tender the meat would turn out!! I used my electric pressure cooker to “pre” cook the brisket but put it on the grill to finish off the cooking!! It turned out fantastic!!
We invited our good friends over to enjoy the meal with us!! We had chips and salsa for a light appetizer! We love chips and salsa!
Here is the rest of the Menu:
Corn on the Cob
Here is how I cooked the Brisket!
I used my Electric Pressure Cooker for a “Semi” Grilled Brisket!
Here is what I used:
Here is the brisket before it went into the pressure cooker!! It looks delish just like it is.
and after it cooked for 45 minutes! YUMM!
I took it out to the grill and cooked it low and slow for an hour on each side!!
And here is the final product!
I put just a drizzle of BBQ Sauce on it!! It melted in your mouth it was so delicious!! I definitely want to do this again!
How do you grill your Brisket?? I would love your comments and recipes!!!
Here is the recipe for the “Semi” Grilled Brisket!
- • Worcestershire sauce
- • Liquid smoke
- • Pappy’s Seasoning (you can find this at Smart & Final too!)
- • 2lb Beef Brisket
- • 1 onion sliced
- Rub about 2T Worcestershire sauce over each side of Brisket followed by about 1 T liquid Smoke. Cover the whole brisket with a nice layer of the Pappy’s Seasoning. Wrap in plastic wrap and let sit in refrigerator over night.
- Place brisket in pressure cooker and cook according to directions. I cooked mine on a bed of onions on high heat for 45 minutes.
- When this was done I took it out to the grill. I cooked each side for 1 hour with only half the grill being used with it set to low.
Hey Smart and Final is having a Sweepstakes!! They are nice like that!!! Take a look at what you can win!!
- Purchase any Cattleman’s Finest product between June 30th and July 4th, then enter the code on the receipt at SmartandFinal.com for a chance to win a prize including a year supply of Cattleman’s Beef!
- “I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™. #CBias #SocialFabric “all opinions are my own”.