Summer is really here in Arizona with our temperatures reaching over 100 degrees this weekend the last thing I want to do is slave over a hot stove cooking dinner!! Since marrying my sweetheart almost 6 years ago I have taken over the grill and I have to say I grill a little better than Mr. Pinkcakeplate!! SHHHHHH!! Don’t tell him!! So with it being June first I thought I would kick off summer with some yummy grilling fun and a delicious Garlic Green Beans recipe!!
I first went to my local Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Market and picked out some yummy grilling goodies!! I took the Mr. with me because sometimes it is fun to take him grocery shopping with me!! He finds some interesting things that is for sure!! We walked through the fruits and vegetable section and I love that they have these .98 cent produce packs!!
Then I hit up the meat section!! I love the selection and even got lucky and found a Mixed Grill Pack on sale for half price!! I love that!! There is enough meat in this package for 3 meals for the two of us so I decided I wanted to cook the chicken!! So now to assemble the rest of the meal. I already had the salad from the produce section.
I love the clearance section too and found some delicious fresh green beans.
Did you know you can get fresh pizza dough there too?? AND I love the Rosemary Fococcia dough that you bake fresh at home!!YUMMM!
Now the Mr. found a little Tiramisu that he wanted for dessert in the refrigerated section of the baked goods!! Score I don’t have to make dessert!!
So I grilled the chicken (froze the other meats), cooked the green beans, baked the focaccia, tossed the salad and dinner was done!!
When we finished dinner I simply served the Tiramisu, it was just that easy!! Here is the yummy green bean recipe it is sooooo easy you will love it!!
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and
- snapped in half
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Shredded Parmesan cheese for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Blanch green beans in a large stock pot of well salted boiling water until bright green in color and tender crisp, roughly 2 minutes. Drain and shock in a bowl of ice water to stop from cooking.
- Heat a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the oil and the butter. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the beans and continue to saute until coated in the butter and heated through, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. If desired sprinkle with about a teaspoon of shredded Parmesan cheese!
I love Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Market I feel like it is a “boutique” market with some really unique and yummy treats!! The selection is really fun and different from your local grocery store. If you haven’t been to a Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Market you really should stop in some time I promise it wont disappoint! Oh and by the way you can print a $5.00 off of a $20.00 purchase coupon HERE it is good until June 9th!!! Happy Shopping!!
What is your favorite way to beat the heat??
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective , the content and opinions expressed here are as always my own.