So I was watching my favorite channel the Food Network and they made these yummy Salted Caramel Crispy Treats and I had to make them!!
YUMMMMM!! They turned out great and it is a super easy recipe! I added my own touch with a chocolate drizzle to dress them up just a wee bit!!
The really great thing about these is they stay ooey and gooey!! I would contribute this to the addition of the corn syrup!!
See how yummy these are!! Go ahead I know you want to make them!! Now if you don’t like the salty sweet thing then you can just leave out the salt and have caramel crispy treats!!
- Nonstick spray
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal (about half a 12-ounce box), such as Rice Crispies
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt, such as Maldon, plus more for sprinkling
- One 10-ounce bag mini marshmallows
- 1 C Kraft Mallow Bits
- 4T Melted chocolate for drizzle
- Spray an 8-inch square cake pan with nonstick spray.
- Add the butter to a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Once melted, stir in the brown sugar, heavy whipping cream and corn syrup. Cook until thick and syrupy while stirring frequently, about 7 minutes. Stir in the salt. Turn off the heat and stir in the marshmallows. Keep stirring until the marshmallows are smooth and melted. Add the cereal to the pan and gently fold until all cereal is coated. Add the Mallow Bits and gently fold into cereal mixture until evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
- Pour into the prepared pan and press down with a piece of parchment paper sprayed with nonstick spray. Sprinkle lightly with flaky sea salt.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the top of treats. Cool completely, and then cut into squares.
These would be a great treat to bring to any of you fall gatherings!!!