Happy 4th of July!! How many of us are going to BBQ’s or a Family picnic?? Need a quick and easy, kid friendly treat to bring??? These cookies will be done in no time and will steal the show!!
Here are my Red, White and Sparkle Cookies!! YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!
And you have to have them with ICE COLD milk!
Here is your recipe!
- 1 box Yellow Cake Mix
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable shortning
- 2Tvegtable oil
- 2 t vanilla
- 1 Cup M&M candies
- ¼ to ½ C sanding sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix first 5 ingredients until well blended. Add M&M candies blend until incorporated into batter.(batter will be thick)
- Drop cookies by tablespoon into sanding sugar, cover with sugar then place on baking sheet.
- Bake 8-10 mins at 350 degrees until golden brown around edges of cookies! Be careful not to over bake!
These cookies stay soft in the middle but have a bit of a crunch around the edge! You dont have to roll them in the sanding sugar I just did that to give it some sparkle for the 4th of July!!
And this is what it looks like after you serve them!!
Have a safe and fun holiday!!