A few weeks ago I came across a hastag #theleftoversclub and I had to inquire as to what it was all about!! Well it is basically a “baked goods” swap!! How fun is that?? So today I have a delicious recipe that I sent to my “swap” partner!! Oatmeal Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Cookies~Leftovers Club Recipe YUMMMM!!!
I baked and dropped these in the mail to head out to my swap partner!! I have to say I have a new favorite pumpkin cookie!! These cookies are incredibly moist and stay fresh for days!! I love that!!
Would you like to participate in the Leftovers Club??? I am telling you it is so fun to recieve a yummy treat in the mail!!! My swap partner made delicious Lemon Pistachio Biscotti!! Perfect with a cup of hot tea or cocoa!! Head over to The Leftovers Club an sign up!!
Want to see what everyone else made??? Take a peek!!!
- 2 cups + 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 heaping teaspoon pumpkin pie spice*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup dark molasses
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 C roughly chopped walnuts
- 4 oz white chocolate chips melted
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line your baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Or spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl,combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt together. Fold in the oats. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in the microwave in a medium size bowl. Whisk in the molasses, brown sugar, applesauce and granulated sugar. Once combined, whisk in the egg. Add the pumpkin and vanilla and whisk until thick and combined completely. Pour into dry ingredients and gently mix. The dough will be very thick and sticky, Keep mixing until just combined, no more. Fold in walnuts.
- Scoop cookie dough onto prepared baking sheets. About 2 or 3 Tablespoons of dough per cookie. Slightly flatten the help the cookies spread in the oven. Do not flatten completely. See my photo above for a visual. If desired, press a few of your add-ins onto the top of the cookie dough balls for looks.
- Bake the cookies for 13-15 minutes until very lightly browned on the edges, and still appearing soft in the centers.
- Let cookies cool completly before drizzleing with whit chocolate. Simply melt yoiur white chocolate chips and with a fork drizzle over the top of the cookies let set up! Enjoy!!
Hope you have a fantastic day today!! Go Bake someone Happy!!