We have all seen the chocolate chip cookie stuffed with an oreo floating around Pinterest right?? Well I made it and it was a total fail…so bad Mr. Pinkcakeplate didn’t like them!! Well after perusing around Pinterest again I came across a few different recipes with a twist on the Chocolate Chip Oreo stuffed cookie so I thought maybe I will do some tweaking myself and I came up with Chocolate Chip Oreo Cremes!!! And I have to say it is my new favorite cookie!! So good I made 2 batches in the same week!!! I wanted to make a special treat for a few of my friends so I made a second batch!!! And I even got crafty and made some pretty cute packaging for the cookies too!! Want to see?? Ok here we go!!
Using my Spellbinder Grand Calibur and just a few dies I took this glassine lined plain Jane cookie bag and turned it into a Cute Cookie Cozy!!!
I used the Spellbinder die Classic Scalloped Circles SM to cut out both tags. With a few passes through my Spellbinder Grand Calibur I had all the circles cut out and ready to assemble.
I added a little ticket and some bakers twine and this little Cookie Cozy came together in no time!!
So cute don’t you think???
So now here is my recipe for my new favorite cookie!! Chocolate Chip Oreo Cremes!!
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter, softened
- ½ Butter flavored shortning
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ½ C chocolate chips
- 15 roughly chopped oreo cookies
- PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels. Gently fold in chopped Oroes . Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
I used my 1/4 cup cookie scoop to make really nice large cookies and I ended up with about 2 dozen large cookies!! I hope you give this recipe a try it is so yummy and the cookies stay soft and chewy!! Just the way I like them!!! I hope you love these Chocolate Chip Oreo Creme cookies as much as I do!!!
I am a member of the Spellbinders Spellblogger Team. I may have been compensated monetarily, with product or both, however all experiences and opinions are 100% my own.