Hey Y’All it’s Fall!! I just had to do that!!! LOL!! And its Apple time!! So I had this crazy idea for Apple Pie Pancake Poppers with Chocolate Caramel Sauce!! Yummm!! Right?? So I bring to you a delicious Fall Recipe!
Doesn’t that look yummy?? I started with some delicious apples I purchased at Smart & Final!!
Did you know they have a varied selection of just about everything!! You can buy warehouse size items or regular sized items. I love that I don’t need a membership to shop there!! Smart & Final is a great place to do a one stop shop of everything from produce to meats. Smart & Final is a great place to shop for all your Halloween needs with pumpkins, cookies, cakes and best of all candy!!! #choosesmart
Hey do you want a FREE bag of candy?? Smart & Final has this great promotion going on!! Buy any 4 items and receive a bag of Nestle candy!!
With the Holidays just around the corner stocking up on some of these items will help ease the stress the holidays can bring!! I personally love Stouffers Macaroni and Cheese, and love to have at least one in my freezer!
Also if you need to buy large quantities of candy for your school or organization click HERE for details to make ordering easier!
So now about those Apple Pie Pancake Poppers with Chocolate Caramel dipping sauce!! All I can say is these are to die for!! They are a little labor intensive but pretty easy and if you want to do these in 2 steps that will make it a little easier. So to break it down I made a simple apple pie filling but I chopped the apples pretty small that helps them to cook quicker and because of the size of the poppers they fit better!! Then I made a pancake batter using Smart & Final Buttermilk Pancake and Waffle Mix!! I replaced some of the water with some of the liquid from the pie filling oh man this made it so yummy!!(more details will be in the recipe!!) Using my cake pop pan I baked the poppers and when they were hot out of the oven I rolled them in sugar soooo good just like that but…we have to have some thing to dip them in so chocolate caramel sauce was invented!! LOL!! This was a far off twist of a caramel apple with chocolate sprinkles~
I used Nestle crunch bars in the dipping sauce they were perfect!!
Ok there are 3 recipes for you!! You can make the Apple Pie Filling the night before, it will also make a lot so you can cut the recipe in half if need be or just make a pie too!!
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp apple juice, apple cider, or lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 3 cups apples, cored, peeled, and finely chopped
- In a large saucepan, combine water, juice, sugar, cinnamon, and cornstarch. Stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly about 20 minuets. Set aside ¼ C syrup (for pancake batter.) add apples. Cook for additional 5 minutes, constantly stirring. Set aside ¼ C syrup (for pancake batter. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Cool to room temperature then use right away or store in the refrigerator.
- 1 C Complete Buttermilk Pancake mix
- ½ C water
- ¼ C reserved apple pie syrup
- ½ C sugar set aside
- Apple Pie filling
- Cooking spray
- Put water and syrup in bowl and then add pancake mix and stir until moistened. Do not over beat.
- Spray cake pop pan* with cooking spray. Place 1 t of pancake mix in each well then drop ½ t of pie filling on top of pancake mix then top with another teaspoon of pancake mix. Bake in 350 degree oven for 15-18 mins. While baking make the chocolate caramel sauce.
- Remove from oven and while warm roll in granulated sugar. Enjoy!!
- *If you do not have a cake pop pan a mini muffin tin works just as well!!
- 1 packed cup brown sugar
- ½ cup half-and-half
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 fun size Nestle Crunch Bars
- Mix the brown sugar, half-and-half, butter and salt in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook while whisking gently for 5 to 7 minutes, until it gets thicker. Add the vanilla and cook another minute to thicken further. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes then add the Crunch Bars and stir until melted, cool slightly and pour the sauce into a jar. If the sauce gets too thick you can microwave it for about 10-20 seconds to heat it up again!
Smart & Final is one of my favorite places to shop. I have found some great deals and I keep going back because it is just a great place to shop. To keep up with sales and special offers make sure to follow Smart & Final on Twitter and Facebook!!
Smart and Final on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/SmartFinal
Smart and Final’s Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/SmartFinal
And make sure you sign up for the news letter!!
- Smart and Final Social Circular: community.smartandfinal.com
I’m telling you these are soooo delicious you have to try them!! I had to hold back until I photographed them!! I wanted to eat them all!!! Have a great weekend!!