Fall is fast approaching and School is back in session!! I have the funnest cutest way to present them or to give to that new teacher for a little gift!! Apple Cinnamon Donut Holes!!! Rolled in sprinkles to look like Apples!! How cute is that???
This is not a hard recipe/project but a little labor intensive with the sprinkle part!! I used my cake pop pan and made baked donut holes! Super easy!!
After they had cooled I made a simple glaze, coated the donut holes with the glaze. I let them sit for about 5 minuets to let the excess glaze drip off and set a bit!! Then I simply rolled them in the red and green sprinkles! I took a pretzels and broke it to look like a stem and just inserted it in the donut hole!! Arent these darling!!
Now I bet you’re wondering how I made such a cute and detailed “blackboard”?? I have to tell you about a fantastic die cutting machine that I simply love!! It is the Spellbinder Grand Calibur and the best part!! No electricity required!!! LOL!! You simply place your paper and die between your “sandwich” boards and process through the machine!!
I used the Labels Twenty-Three die for my black board!!
Isn’t the detail amazing?? I love this die and it is so versatile!!
Make sure to visit Spellbinders! To find out more about this amazing product!!!
And as you can see I used chalk to write the label!!
Now you can give this as a gift to a friend
Or if you write the teachers name on your blackboard you can give it to that new teacher for a cute “Back to School” treat!!
Who wouldn’t love to get these yummy donut holes??
- 12 oz unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla or ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ c red sprinkles
- ½ c green sprinkles
- broken pretzel pieces
- Combine applesauce, egg, oil, and sugar in to a large bowl and mix well. Slowly incorporate the rest of the ingredients, mix well, do not over mix. Place aprox 1 Tbsp of batter into each cake pop mold, sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, secure top of pan and bake for 8-9 minutes.
- When donut holes are completly cool immerse in glaze then set on a cookie rack to let excess drip off. Let sit for 3-5 mins (but dont let the glaze get hard) remove from rack and roll in red or green sprinkles!
- Use broken pretzles for stems!!
So if you’re looking for a cute treat to give as a gift or just one for an after school snack these will hit the spot!! Enjoy!!
I am a member of the Spellbinders Spellblogger Team. I may have been compensated monetarily, with product or both, however all experiences and opinions are 100% my own.