Have you heard about the 2012 HOMEMADE HOLIDAY TREAT BLOG EVENT???? We have the a group of the most amazing bloggers sharing over 50 homemade treat recipes!! How exciting is that??? You guessed it I have a super easy treat for you to make ~~ Elf Crunch Mountains this took me all of 15 minutes to make these and another 10 minutes in the fridge to set up!!
These bad boys have just about everything in them but the kitchen sink!! Carmel corn, Carmel, fudge stripe cookies and chocolate!! who could ask for anything more???LOL!! Here is your recipe!!
- Chocolate Fudge Striped cookies (Keeblers) or chocolate covered graham crackers
- 15 individually wrapped caramels
- 1 teaspoon butter
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- 3 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 3 cups caramel corn with peanuts (recommended: Cracker Jack)
- Place cookies on waxed or parchment paper; set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine caramels with butter. Heat in microwave on HIGH heat for about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted.
- Combine white chocolate with 1½ teaspoons shortening in a medium bowl and place over a pot of simmering water to form a double boiler. Repeat with chocolate chips and remaining shortening. Heat both chocolates until melted and smooth, making sure to stir frequently. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Drizzle half the melted caramel over the candy bars. Divide and mound caramel corn on top of each bar. Drizzle with half the melted milk chocolate and top with remaining caramel corn. Drizzle with remaining melted milk chocolate, white chocolate and remaining melted caramel. Place in refrigerator for 10 minutes
Now take a look at the linky party we have here!!! There are over 50 that’s right 50 yummy recipes for your Holiday Baking!! I am so honored to be among this group of Bloggers!! So if your looking for a treat to make check these out!
And make sure you come back for the “12 Days of Christmas Candy” starting tomorrow!