I am so excited to share with you a fun recipe from a cookbook full of fantastic recipes!! I was asked to review the Cafe Zupa Blogger Cookbook! I loved it so much I even busted out my mixing bowl and spoon to make one of the recipes!!!
I was so excited when Cafe Zupa finally came to Arizona and was even more excited to be invited to a VIP pre-opening event of the Norterra Cafe Zupa! Mr.Pinkcakeplate and I ate until we were stuffed!! The food was amazing I loved everything I sampled! I loved the Yucatan Chicken Tortilla soup soo good! And the desserts ooooohhh the desserts!! The brownies were amazing!! But what is even better is they do catering!! That’s right Cafe Zupa can bring their delicious food to your next event!!
Ok so let me tell you about this cookbook!! It is packed full of all kinds of recipes from soups to entrees to desserts oh and speaking of desserts I just had to try the brownie recipe!
- 1½ Sticks unsalted butter
- 8 oz high quality semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1¾ C sugar
- 1T pure vanilla
- 5 large eggs
- 1 C all purpose flour
- ⅓ c. dutch process cocoa powder
- ½ t gray salt divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees with rack in middle. Line a 9x13" pan with a large piece of parchment paper making sure to come up the sides of the pan about 2 inches.
- Melt butter and chocolate chips in a medium sauce pan over medium heat ,stirring until smooth.
- Remove pan form heat and allow to cool to lukewarm.
- Whisk in sugar and vanilla, then eggs one at a time until batter is glossy and smooth.
- In a small bowl combine dry ingredients and ¼t salt. then whisk into chocolate batter until combined and smooth.
- Spread batter in to pan and bake for 30 minuets.
- Immediately upon taking brownies out of the oven sprinkle remaining ¼ t salt evenly over brownies. Allow to cool. Cut into 3" sqaures and enjoy!
Disclaimer: I was provided the Cafe Zupa Blogger Cookbook to review and a small gift. All opinions and experiences are 100% my own.