It is summer and so hot outside and if you caught my earlier post about no cook meals you know I hate heating up my kitchen. I have another great recipe that will help minimize time spent baking and having your oven on. I was so excited to review “The Make Ahead Kitchen” cook book from Sweet Annas, when I saw the recipe for these Butterscotch Marshmallow Chocolate Chip Blondies I knew I had to make them.
These blondies are sooooo good they are moist and chewy and just luscious! The addition of the marshmallows adds another depth of sweetness and ads to the chewiness!
These are just one way to have the deliciousness of cookies with only one bake! No multiple scooping of dough and baking. One pan one bake and that is just another way to cut down on the heat in your kitchen!
Butterscotch Marshmallow Chocolate Chip Blondies
- 21/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup butter melted and mostly cooled
- 13/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips divided (1/2 cup + 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup butterscotch chips divided (1/2 cup + 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13” baking dish and set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until smooth and fluffy, about minutes. Beat in the eggs and vanilla until well blended. Mix in the flour mixture, 1/2 cup chocolate chips, 1/2 cup butterscotch chips, and mini marshmallows until combined. Spread the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle evenly with the remaining chocolate chips and butterscotch chips.
- Bake for 35–40 minutes, until the top is golden brown and the sides are starting to pull away from the edges of the pan. Let cool completely before serving!
- These bars freeze great. Let them cool completely, cut, and freeze in a freezer bag or airtight container for up to 3 months. Let thaw on the counter for a few hours or overnight before serving!
I have to say I really enjoyed Annalise’s new cookbook and there are so many other recipes I would love to try! If you have not ordered your copy you can order on Amazon!
I cant decide which recipe I want to try next they all look sooooo good!