Holy Cow what a week it has been and I have another fun event for you today!! Some of my favorite bloggy friends and I have a super fantastic summer recipe round up for you today!! Here is my contribution!! But make sure you take a peek at the rest of the recipes they are AWESOME!
- Great-Grandma’s “Secret-Ingredient” Potato Salad
- Blueberry Pie Bars
- Watermelon Green Tea
- Independence Day Cranberry Pop Rocks Mocktail
- Fruit Pizza
- Zucchini Recipes
- Grilled Pizza
- Fruit Yogurt Parfaits
- Root Beer Float Popsicles
- Watermelon Smoothie
- Refreshing Summer Noodle Salad
- Frozen Banana Rum Cocktails
- Coke Float Popsicles
- Peach Cobbler Cupcakes
- Lemon Picnic Pasta
- Sand Castle Rice Krispies
- Frozen Chocolate Bananas
- BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Watermelon Berry Chia Seeds Pops
- Fresh Summer Melon Ideas
- How to cut a watermelon
- And, even more Favorite Summer Recipes
As most of you know I don’t mind starting things with a mix and adding my own ingredients to make a recipe my own!! This Blueberry Pie Bar Recipe is no exception!! It starts with a sugar cookie mix and blueberry pie filling!! Let me tell these bars are soooooo yummy and soooooo easy!! They are perfect for any summer BBQ or even your 4th of July BBQ!!
Serves: 30 bars
- 1 egg
- 1 cube butter softened (1/2 C.)
- 1 Pkg Sugar cookie Mix
- 1 Can blueberry pie filling
- 1 t. Vanilla
- 1 t. lemon juice
- ¾ c. powdered sugar
- 1 -2 T milk
- ½ t. Lemon juice
- Mix butter, egg, vanilla, and cookie mix until well blended. This will be crumbly. Set aside ⅔ c. of mixture. Press remaining cookie batter on the bottom and up ½" of the sides of a 9"x13" pan. Try to make the crust as even as possible. Spread pie filling over top of crust and to the edges. Take reserved cookie mixture and sprinkle evenly over the top of the pie filling.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 20-25 minuets until the edges of bars and topping are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- While the bars are cooling mix together the powdered sugar, 1 T milk and 1 t lemon juice. Mix until completely blended, if it is too thick add more milk a little at a time.
- Once cookies are completely cooled drizzle glaze over top. Let the glaze set up then cut into bars and enjoy!
Have a great summer and if you happen to make a batch of these I want to know how long they lasted in your house!!!