I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for #CollectiveBias and its advertiser. #ChooseSmart #shop #cbias
I have been using La Romanella products for a while now you can find them at Smart & Final stores. I love them as much as I loved them when I was first introduced to them!! There is a HUGE selection of products ranging from dry pastas to frozen pastas, garlic bread and cheeses!! So much to choose from!! Well La Romanella has Italian fare down to a science so with a little help I went a different direction and have a fun Hawaiian Aloha Sweet and Sour Shrimp Pasta recipe for you today!!!
I found most of my ingredients at Smart & Final!! The rest I pulled out of my well stocked pantry.
I found a few extra things there too! I love that if I need milk or cheese or cereal, Smart & Final has it!! No membership required!!!
This recipe is fairly easy it just has a few steps involved!! Place broth, water, and garlic in a large skillet or pan. Bring to a boil and add pasta, cook until pasta is just done, not al dente but not completely cooked. 12-15 minutes, or until pasta is cooked and all liquid is absorbed.
While the pasta is cooking mix your sauce ingredients together in a sauce pan and let simmer.
When pasta is cooked add the vegetables, pineapple and shrimp to the pasta stir to mix.
Cover and let steam about 7 to 10 minutes until shrimp turns pink.
When all the shrimp has turned pink drizzle your sauce over pasta and vegetables,
toss to coat all pasta, vegetables and shrimp.
Heat for about 3-5 minutes, garnish with sliced green onions.
Did you know that Smart & Final is giving away a Hawaiian Vacation?? Yup they are!! I could sure use a trip to Hawaii about now!! You can find out more information HERE!! The contest runs from From February 5 – 18, 2014, customers who purchase any La Romanella product will be eligible to win a trip for 2 to Hawaii or 1 of 10 $50 SmartCash cards how about that!!!
- ½ 16 oz. package of La Romanella Fettuccine pasta.
- 2 C. Chicken Broth
- 1 C. water
- 1 T. La Romanella Chopped Garlic in Olive Oil
- Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1 8oz jar sweet and sour sauce
- 1 T Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 T Soy Sauce
- 1 T Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 t. Chinese Five Spices
- 1 T Simply Asia Spicy Szechuan Five Spice
- ¼ c. water
- ¼ C pineapple juice (drained from can of pineapple chunks)
- Veggies and Shrimp
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 16oz can pineapple chunks packed in juice(drained)
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 16 oz uncooked peeled and devained
- salt and pepper to taste
- sliced green onions for garnish
- Place broth, water, and garlic in a large skillet or pan. Bring to a boil and add pasta, cook until pasta is just done, not aldente but not completely cooked. 12-15 minutes, make sure all liquid is absorbed.
- While the pasta is cooking mix your sauce ingredients together in a sauce pan and let simmer. The sauce will thicken do not let it get too thick if it does add a little water to thin it.
- Chop vegetables in bite size pieces and set aside. If your shrimp is frozen make sure it is thawed out. When pasta is cooked add the vegetables, pineapple and shrimp to the pasta stir to mix. Cover and let steam about 7- 10 minutes until shrimp turns pink.
- When all the shrimp has turned pink drizzle your sauce over pasta and vegetables, toss to coat all pasta, vegetables and shrimp. Heat for about 3-5 minutes and serve with sliced green onions.
Find more recipes here: Smart and Final Social Circular: http://community.smartandfinal.com .
I love this dish it has so many delicious flavors and the addition of the fresh green onions puts this dish over the top!!! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much our family does!!
Check out these other Hawaiian inspired recipe using La Romanella products:
Aloha Sweet and Sour Shrimp Pasta
Hawaiian-Style Teriyaki Chicken Noodle Bowl Recipe
Hawaiian Pizza For Two Recipe
Hawaiian Lasagna Recipe